Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• anchorman-phonebooth-1.webp
    anchorman-phonebooth-1.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 127
Stones is playing games and clearly happy.

However it's clear that we need to be keep him happy...thats done with being a key player, pay rise, and seeing top players signing.

An england international and well liked spaniard signing are good steps but i think we need one big signing to get the players and fans excited for the new season.

.......if John Stones truly is the player we all think he is then his stock will rise by staying. This is a win, win situation for Stones and Everton in that his worth will increase and he will play regular football. The only losers are Chelsea because if they truly want him they will have to pay significantly more in 12 or 18 months time. Chelsea know this which is why they are trying to get him now.

I notice the likes of west ham and chelsea have been doing their business in public to try and unsettle the players and use the press as a talking point.
Wheras other teams (newcastle for example) have done alot of their bidding in private and their deals tend to get done one or 2 days of being reported.
As martinez has said at everton we like to do our bidding privately and with a bit of respect.
Whos approach do you prefer and who do you think gets better results from it

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-manchester-city-aston-villa-champions-league

Good article in the Guardian about rich clubs in the premier league buying up all the players.
I disagree that clubs are powerless to prevent players leaving though. You don't have to accept the bid and players on long contracts aren't in a position to kick up a fuss. When you look at what it costs to find a replacement these days a bid has to be huge for it to be a good decision to let an important player leave and even then it doesn't always work out for the best.

Stones is playing games and clearly happy.

However it's clear that we need to be keep him happy...thats done with being a key player, pay rise, and seeing top players signing.

An england international and well liked spaniard signing are good steps but i think we need one big signing to get the players and fans excited for the new season.

I guarantee there will be 2-3 very good signings before the season starts.

RM has stated all along what he wants, that has not changed in fact, after the Arse game, it is even more evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back