Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya id rather he not leave, just saying its very hard for a player or his agent to get his head turned.

The record for a defender is around 38mil Silva to PSG, david luiz was about 30

so its already crazy money for a CB

but we all know hes gonna be a world great, no doubt in my mind. id prefer him going to Barca, definitely NOT chelsea

David Luiz was £50m to PSG mate.

Well this is not the way I expected this transfer window to go.
10 out and 1.5 in
(n)

Maybe just maybe now we are back in the UK a couple of deals might happen but I'm not holding my breath.

Very persistant rumour. There has to be something innit.
I agree this one been rumbling for months.

Can only assume if we are trying to sign him, it's to play further forward and try and create things for Lukaku.

Martinez did say when asked about Nolito that he wasn't the type of number 10 he was looking for.

He wanted a player that could come deep in to midfield and then carry the ball forward to create chances.

Roberto fits that criteria from what I've seen.

Spurs (another team with a billion central midfielders) have let Capoue and Strambouli go. Meanwhile we despite seemingly not needing any central midfielders picked up Cleverley and look to be interested in Roberto. Perhaps this points to McCarthy going, or Spurs have finally seen the light and shifted their deadwood whilst we accumulate uninspiring midfielders.

Confirmation from Sky sources, then, that defender Filipe Luis is set to rejoin Atletico Madrid after one year at Chelsea.

The full-back came to Stamford Bridge last summer but struggled to break into the team as Cesar Azpilicueta excelled for the Blues, who we understand have agreed to let him return to the Vicente Calderon for around £15m.

Looks like Jose will need two defenders now.........smoke without fire etc

Imagine the fume with the sale of Stones for $30 million and Victor Moses/or add another name and McCarthy to Spurs for 25 million replaced by Jonny Evans for $8million and Sergio Roberto (enter amount here?)

Twitchy bum time guys, I like this window less than I did last week.....

Of course he'd be interested , why wouldn't he be ? It's the league champions with a bloke regarded as the best manager around and playing with someone whose been consistently the best centre half in the league for years.

There's a long way to go from being interested to behaving like sterling , I've no problem with the lad being interested to be honest .

Agree with that myself.
Its like us getting Stones from Barnsley, Galloway from MK Dons.
This is not me saying i want us to sell or accepting us selling him at all, but upwards of 35 million is alot of money for one player.
If we did have to sell i would like us to already have the replacement players in place to try and avoid other teams upping the price.
But if we do sell after martinez wanting to build around our young spine then it is a massive slap in the face for that plan

Take a step back.

A lot of panic about Stones, Mirallas, McCarthy, the tea lady leaving.

But as we stand, right this second, nobody has gone anywhere.

We always have a big money departure, cant see this season being any different. I think the tea lady is safe, Mirallas will be a surprise to be honest if he goes for anything less than 12 million, bad feelings about the other two and nearly 60 million ring fenced to buy new mowers is a lot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back