Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do...do people realize Everton have signed three players thus far this window and have 22 players in need of registration as is? Why are so many acting like the club are pretending the window isn't open?

Yes, a CB is needed and a creative midfielder would be great, but to suggest the club haven't done anything since the end of last season is simply not true.

That you Bill?

Can we just be honest now and admit that we're not going to sign anybody unless we sell?

I hate the fact that clubs like Palace, West Ham and the Toon are able to spend - and we're not.

Depressing.

Thought I'd do a bit of a transfer window round up on our reported targets for the last week or so, I wrote it here but I thought I'd post it in here as well:

Potential outs:

John Stones - Chelsea - So it's been confirmed that Chelsea have lodged a bid but we have declined the offer, he doesn't want to go and Roberto doesn't want him to either.
Likelihood: 3.5/10

Kevin Mirallas - West Ham - Apparently West Ham have offered a laughable 6m for our Super Kev. Out of all our players he'd be most likely to leave this window but I still don't think he'll go. Especially not to West Ham.
Likelihood: 2/10

Aiden McGeady - Celtic - Denied by Martinez a few days ago, sorry folks.
Likelihood: 1/10

James McCarthy - Tottenham - Still not buying into the rumor him and Roberto have a great relationship and Tottenham won't pay what Roberto values him at. We really need to offer him an extended contract though.
Likelihood: 4/10

Potential Ins:

Sergi Roberto - Barcelona - Have been linked with him for months, people see him as that attacking player we need but he's more of a central midfielder than a number 10. If it's to happen it'd be a last minute panic deal if we don't sign a number ten or as a replacement for McCarthy if he was to go.
Likelihood: 5/10

David Ospina - Arsenal - He's a good keeper, would like to sign for us, Arsenal would be willing to sell him and at a good price but Martinez has said we won't be signing a keeper. I think it's a case of the cash we do have has to be spent on other positions first. If we do have the money though we'd be silly not to sign him.

Scott Dann - Crystal Palace - Has re-signed with Palace... (Don't think he's going to be a Delph.)
Likelihood: 0/10

Jonny Evans - Manchester United - Roberto did deny the rumors but there was some respected papers saying it was as good as done. Roberto denying it could have just been a case of been respectful by not commenting on a contracted player but it's hard to believe a rumor your own manager had denied.

Xherdan Shaqiri - Inter - Someone I'd personally love to sign and we have been linked with him in previous windows so I think there's interest there but If we really want him you've got to ask why we haven't bid on him yet, I feel if we really wanted him we would have made an offer allready.
Likelihood: 3/10

Nemanja Vidic - Inter - Have only been linked with him by unreliable sources, I actually like him as a player but he's turning 34 and is just as injury prone as Alcaraz, nothing in the rumor.
Likelihood 2/10

Dries Mertens - Napoli - There is interest there but he's apparently not our top target so if anything is to happen you wouldn't expect it to happen later on in the window.

Really quite a quiet last few weeks, now real solid rumors at the moment or no real movement on our reported targets.

The most biased view yet!!!

Chelsea have actually bid for Stones.....and you rate all 'ins' higher than the 'outs'

Wishfull to say the least mate.

Why is stones 3.5/10 and McCarthy is 4/10? McCarthy hasn't even been bid for yet and Stones has..
I don't think either will go but Stones has actually gone out and said he doesn't want to leave Everton which gave me a bit more reassurance on Stones staying.

I'm starting to get a little concerned at the lack of movement for the attacking midfielder, forward and defender that we need.

Meanwhile, other "mid-table" clubs from last season are seemingly spending big and bringing in real quality, e.g. Crystal Palace signing Cabaye and Newcastle with their net spend of £27.5m so far.

Thought I'd do a bit of a transfer window round up on our reported targets for the last week or so, I wrote it here but I thought I'd post it in here as well:

Potential outs:

John Stones - Chelsea - So it's been confirmed that Chelsea have lodged a bid but we have declined the offer, he doesn't want to go and Roberto doesn't want him to either.
Likelihood: 3.5/10

Kevin Mirallas - West Ham - Apparently West Ham have offered a laughable 6m for our Super Kev. Out of all our players he'd be most likely to leave this window but I still don't think he'll go. Especially not to West Ham.
Likelihood: 2/10

Aiden McGeady - Celtic - Denied by Martinez a few days ago, sorry folks.
Likelihood: 1/10

James McCarthy - Tottenham - Still not buying into the rumor him and Roberto have a great relationship and Tottenham won't pay what Roberto values him at. We really need to offer him an extended contract though.

Potential Ins:

Sergi Roberto - Barcelona - Have been linked with him for months, people see him as that attacking player we need but he's more of a central midfielder than a number 10. If it's to happen it'd be a last minute panic deal if we don't sign a number ten or as a replacement for McCarthy if he was to go.
Likelihood: 5/10

David Ospina - Arsenal - He's a good keeper, would like to sign for us, Arsenal would be willing to sell him and at a good price but Martinez has said we won't be signing a keeper. I think it's a case of the cash we do have has to be spent on other positions first. If we do have the money though we'd be silly not to sign him.

Scott Dann - Crystal Palace - Has re-signed with Palace... (Don't think he's going to be a Delph.)
Likelihood: 0/10

Jonny Evans - Manchester United - Roberto did deny the rumors but there was some respected papers saying it was as good as done. Roberto denying it could have just been a case of been respectful by not commenting on a contracted player but it's hard to believe a rumor your own manager had denied.

Xherdan Shaqiri - Inter - Someone I'd personally love to sign and we have been linked with him in previous windows so I think there's interest there but If we really want him you've got to ask why we haven't bid on him yet, I feel if we really wanted him we would have made an offer allready.
Likelihood: 3/10

Nemanja Vidic - Inter - Have only been linked with him by unreliable sources, I actually like him as a player but he's turning 34 and is just as injury prone as Alcaraz, nothing in the rumor.
Likelihood 2/10

Dries Mertens - Napoli - There is interest there but he's apparently not our top target so if anything is to happen you wouldn't expect it to happen later on in the window.

Really quite a quiet last few weeks, now real solid rumors at the moment or no real movement on our reported targets.
Outs I'd have Stones and Mirallas at about 6 or 7/10..

I'm starting to get a little concerned at the lack of movement for the attacking midfielder, forward and defender that we need.

Meanwhile, other "mid-table" clubs from last season are seemingly spending big and bringing in real quality, e.g. Crystal Palace signing Cabaye and Newcastle with their net spend of £27.5m so far.
Not worried yet like.

My biggest concern is Stones out TBH. We need to dig out heels in and pretty much refuse to sell. If we sell Stones we will not only lose a world class CB, but also any real feeling within the club that we are a team moving forward. Could trigger mass exodus.

The most biased view yet!!!

Chelsea have actually bid for Stones.....and you rate all 'ins' higher than the 'outs'

Wishfull to say the least mate.
That bid was also for $20m. Less than half of his true value, Stones has said he wants to stay and Roberto has said we're not in a position to sell anyone or does he think anyone will go. Honestly I'm not worried, I have faith in John staying and I think Roberto and Bill will value Stones far more Chelsea will pay, we're no longer in a selling position that we were a few years ago.

My outs range from 1-4 and my ins 0-5, all of the potential ins and outs right now have a low possibility of happening, even with a very low bid been and turned down hence the low ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back