Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to describe him as a number what number would that be mate?

CQcWpbk.gif

Martinez does go on about 'right character' and stuff a lot doesn't he?

I'm not too bothered about it really. It probably means we miss out on a fair few talented players.

Depends mate, ego seems to be somethind martinez likes in a player "arrogance", think he thinks it needs to come with a willingness to learn as well, lukaku, delef etc

A Bayern fan on Shaqiri...

"Then we've got general issues at RW and CAM which effectively brought Shaqiri the label of a "turnover machine" among some Bayern fans. He receives the ball in an advanced position, his first touch won't go his way, then the defenders close in on him, yet he will continue to dribble, without seeing the better positioned team-mate, until he simply loses possession. It's painful to watch and hurts possession oriented teams immensely, which is why he didn't get to play there a lot under Heynckes or Guardiola."

Sound familiar?

We need a young Leon Osman. Failing that get Zidane on the blower - tell him to dust off his boots, sort out his comb-over and get over here.

I kinda see what he means. We don't need more bloody powerful/fast/dribbling/goalscoring attacking midfielders (delete as appropriate for mirallas, barkley, deulofeu etc).

We need someone who's clever and creative, it's the most hilariously obvious gaping hole i've seen in a first XI since our striker situation at the start of last summer.

Every. Single. One. Of the top 8 from last season has one. There couldn't be a clearer difference between us and them. I am starting to get worried - im still just about keeping faith that Martinez will pull something out of his hat though, he seems to be the best sweet-talker in the world in the transfer window.

Can you list each of the top 8 from last season, and the player you feel best fits this role for us please?
Just for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back