Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think we havent got any money?

All this negativity is dull. Sometimes you need to have a little faith in the manager and our scouts to do their business.

How dare you have a sunny disposition and not have steam coming out of your ears in this thread. Tut tut, Haters gonna hate!!

By the way i agree, The fume in this thread, ad nauseam!!

While it is nice we took care of Clevs and Del early, there is still plenty of time in the window. Remember the past summer windows we were doing business until the end. My guess is that we have our targets and probably probed enough to figure out a ballpark price. Then come the window there will probably be a game of chicken to see which side comes off their price first. Granted if we shell out for a major buy, our most likely buys will be depth. We have a good enough starting line up to last the first 4 matches in the season.

While we still have holes, My Priorities in order:
1. Playmaker, preferably a 10 but one on the wings would be fine.
2. Back Up Striker: Kone scares me as our main option. I would rather put Naismith or Mirallas Up top.
3. Back Up CB: I know we lost Distin and Alcaraaz but I actually really like the looks of Galloway , Browning and depending on the match Barry can go there in a pinch. Galloway/Browning are about 1 year out from being a solid 3rd option.

Martinez was asked by Sky post Hearts if any additions was reliant on other players leaving? He firmly replied no. That sounds positive.

However, he then quickly appeared to change the subject talking about building consistency in the group. That did not sound as positive.

So what do I surmise from that? There may be new signings this summer, but we shouldn't expect big changes and will still rely on certain players.

Love us to sign Austin and play two up front .. Didn't see game today but all reports was lukaku did well with Kone upfront with him . Also would prefer Williams from Swansea as a 3rd centre back

While it is nice we took care of Clevs and Del early, there is still plenty of time in the window. Remember the past summer windows we were doing business until the end. My guess is that we have our targets and probably probed enough to figure out a ballpark price. Then come the window there will probably be a game of chicken to see which side comes off their price first. Granted if we shell out for a major buy, our most likely buys will be depth. We have a good enough starting line up to last the first 4 matches in the season.

While we still have holes, My Priorities in order:
1. Playmaker, preferably a 10 but one on the wings would be fine.
2. Back Up Striker: Kone scares me as our main option. I would rather put Naismith or Mirallas Up top.
3. Back Up CB: I know we lost Distin and Alcaraaz but I actually really like the looks of Galloway , Browning and depending on the match Barry can go there in a pinch. Galloway/Browning are about 1 year out from being a solid 3rd option.

We've got to expect to incur injuries in this area over the season... by some standards Stones isn't even a senior player yet himself - we can't expect to rely on 'youngsters'... I agree that they both look promising, but they can't be the only back-up option. It could even ruin them, to come in and have a shaky string of performances.

Love us to sign Austin and play two up front ..

Also would prefer Williams from Swansea as a 3rd centre back
As I said before I would love the likes of Austin in our squad as he'd offer a reliable back up to Rom, but we're not going to spunk £10m+ on him.

Nor would the likes of Williams come to Everton unless we guaranteed him first team football; he's not going to come and sit on the bench.

We need a creative mid-fielder who can make the team tick.
We need goalkeeper who will save us points.
These players are needed to go into the first team.
We need a back- up centre half. Purely for cover.
We need a replacement forward, again to cover injuries.

I personally would like to see the creative midfielder being brought in, if we are short of money I'd put it into this position. I'd rather put the money into a young midfield player who will enhance the first team. I think we could play without Lukaku if we had creativity in midfield, I think we could cover for the loss of one of our central defenders. We would be weakened by the loss of Lukaku or Stones/Jags but we could cope.
A good keeper would be a bonus. Would add confidence to the defence and could save us points, not cost us.

Any centre half we sign will get as much playing time as Stones this season I'd imagine.

Stones isn't 100% established yet, as good as he is - we've yet to see a full season out of him yet. Distin and Alcaraz made nearly 30 appearances between them last season so CB#3 will not be third choice per ce, merely the third option in a rotational situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back