Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love us to sign Austin and play two up front .. Didn't see game today but all reports was lukaku did well with Kone upfront with him . Also would prefer Williams from Swansea as a 3rd centre back

I want to double like this.

2 up front with a diamond behind, as played by many clubs around Europe now would be very attacking and suit the squad of players we have perfectly, if we could add another striker.

If that striker was Austin I'd be over the moon. He's easily the best option of those realistically available to us although I still think there a chance he'll end up at one of last seasons top 4.

Obviously there will be comparisons to Ings but I've always thought Austin is on a completely different level to him.

Rumours are Bobby has told people he's after an experienced centre half, that's before the Stones leaving talk and for me Dann was his 1st choice, but that ship has sailed now.

I think Williams is a very realistic option. I don't for one minute think he'll be expecting to be 3rd choice & he'll get loads of time here. Our back 4 is lacking a leader. They're no where near as good as the sum of there parts and as good as they are individually, collectively they are under performing.

They are lacking something and a leader like Williams would sort that out.

Rumours are Bobby has told people he's after an experienced centre half, that's before the Stones leaving talk and for me Dann was his 1st choice, but that ship has sailed now.

I think Williams is a very realistic option. I don't for one minute think he'll be expecting to be 3rd choice & he'll get loads of time here. Our back 4 is lacking a leader. They're no where near as good as the sum of there parts and as good as they are individually, collectively they are under performing.

I would say next to no chance of getting Williams

Not just rumours - he said it in an interview with the Echo at the end of last season. Said he was looking for a CB who had experience at the highest level to come in and push Stones and Jags.

Spot on that. As for '3rd choice': the two starting positions should not be anyone's to hold as of right...including the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back