Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be.

But I'm 99% sure Pienaar is finished and Kone is, well, Kone, we absolutely need a centre forward and maybe another winger.

Think Lennon will definitely come in, Martinez will probably leave that one as long as possible to get the best value out of Spurs, or maybe get him on another loan. He's training with the reserves so can't see him lasting there any longer.

Not too sure that we're as desperate for a centre forward as much as people say, I think the playmaker position is an absolute must preferably before the Watford game as although our passing and use of width today was fantastic, we still need someone who (like Pienaar) can play the incisive final through ball.

The Star must be getting a bit bored of the Stones saga as they have decided to go back the McCarthy one
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Tottenham-target-James-McCarthy-leave-Everton
EVERTON midfielder James McCarthy has told Roberto Martinez he wants the club to listen to offers for him.

The 24-year-old held talks with the Blues boss at their Finch Farm training ground on Wednesday. He explained his frustration after promises of an improved contract were not fulfilled while Martinez and other players have since had their own contracts re-negotiated.

Tottenham are keen on McCarthy, but fear being dragged into a time-wasting saga as the Chelsea intent on signing John Stones and West Ham chasing Kevin Mirallas.

A striker is the most important for me. If the season started tomorrow I think we have enough players to cover each position if it came to it, except a striker. We have one first team striker in Lukaku and a few who can play off a striker. I can't think of any premier league strikers or back ups that Kone is better than, and that includes Borini.

They're not and they won't be. But the new signing will definitely come in as third choice and so they should. You seem to hate Jags, but even you have to admit he;s been very good for us since Christmas, and deserves to hold down a place for now.
I think jags weakness is in the air
And struggles against tall powerful forwards
And we with stones still inexperienced and lightweight

I would like to see a tall powerful CB brought in maybe the Celtic lad

Playmaker and CB.

Backup striker would be a bonus.

image.webp

I think jags weakness is in the air
And struggles against tall powerful forwards
And we with stones still inexperienced and lightweight

I would like to see a tall powerful CB brought in maybe the Celtic lad

van Dijk is talented, but it seems a bit fanciful to expect someone with his CV to unseat Jagielka or Stones in his first year in the PL.

Think Lennon will definitely come in, Martinez will probably leave that one as long as possible to get the best value out of Spurs, or maybe get him on another loan. He's training with the reserves so can't see him lasting there any longer.

Not too sure that we're as desperate for a centre forward as much as people say, I think the playmaker position is an absolute must preferably before the Watford game as although our passing and use of width today was fantastic, we still need someone who (like Pienaar) can play the incisive final through ball.

I thought we'd get Lennon towards the end of the window too but not so sure now. Think there may be better value out there for the money.

Playmaker and centre forward are honestly a level priority for me at the moment.

I agree, but the squad is big as it is. If we could ship out Kone then that would be fine, but realistically we won't be able to.

True. I think McGeady will leave, and then hopefully we can get rid of at least one of Pienaar/Gibson/Kone. No idea how like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back