Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps try for Perisic - is he enough of a playmaker?

Xheridan Shaqiri's refusal to go to Schalke will determine whether Inter sign Ivan Perisic or Stevan Jovetic, say reports.
The Nerazzurri are looking to add the final pieces to their renovated squad, but their financial range of action is limited. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, until Shaqiri accepts a move to Schalke or to another team, Inter will be largely blocked on the mercato.

Their target Perisic may slip from their hands as Wolfsburg are demanding €9m right away out of the €18m that the deal is worth. The publication reports that this is the reason why Jovetic is becoming an increasingly likely deal, as Manchester City are willing to take only €3m now out of a €15m deal. The alternative to both of them, should neither of these deals work out, is reportedly Genoa's Diego Perotti.

We've got to expect to incur injuries in this area over the season... by some standards Stones isn't even a senior player yet himself - we can't expect to rely on 'youngsters'... I agree that they both look promising, but they can't be the only back-up option. It could even ruin them, to come in and have a shaky string of performances.

I do think we need another back up CB but I think our limited budget should be spent elsewhere. If Stones or Jags picks up a knock I think we could handle that. If they have a season ending injury no matter who we sign will be a step down.

I also disagree with the idea that Stones hasn't proven himself to be part of the senior squad. We are better when he is in the lineup and he probably has close to a full season of PL starts under his belt.

van Dijk is talented, but it seems a bit fanciful to expect someone with his CV to unseat Jagielka or Stones in his first year in the PL.
I was using him as an example not necessary him to come in and take jags place in the team overnight

I just think that's a weakness that costs us goals
And with a poor goalie who doesn't command his area and fill the CB's With confidence just adds to the problem

Xheridan Shaqiri's refusal to go to Schalke will determine whether Inter sign Ivan Perisic or Stevan Jovetic, say reports.
The Nerazzurri are looking to add the final pieces to their renovated squad, but their financial range of action is limited. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, until Shaqiri accepts a move to Schalke or to another team, Inter will be largely blocked on the mercato.

Their target Perisic may slip from their hands as Wolfsburg are demanding €9m right away out of the €18m that the deal is worth. The publication reports that this is the reason why Jovetic is becoming an increasingly likely deal, as Manchester City are willing to take only €3m now out of a €15m deal. The alternative to both of them, should neither of these deals work out, is reportedly Genoa's Diego Perotti.

He's refused Schalke?

When did Shaqiri refuse Schalke?

He's refused Schalke?

Basically he just hasn't moved there yet. It's not that he's refused to join. I think Schalke themselves are waiting to sort out Draxler first anyway.

On Perisic, he's top class but don't think there's a chance we'll get him. The only reason he wants to go to Inter is because of the size of the club (however big we are, we're not that big - even though Inter have been turd for a few years). He'll probably stay at Wolfsburg if he doesn't go to Inter since they're in the CL.

Doubt we are in for Lennon anymore when we now have Mcgeady and Deulofeu for that position. But who would be back up to Mirallas on the left? Pienaar seems unable to stay fit.

CK2sxFYWUAEE8p8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back