Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are Bobby has told people he's after an experienced centre half, that's before the Stones leaving talk and for me Dann was his 1st choice, but that ship has sailed now.

I think Williams is a very realistic option. I don't for one minute think he'll be expecting to be 3rd choice & he'll get loads of time here. Our back 4 is lacking a leader. They're no where near as good as the sum of there parts and as good as they are individually, collectively they are under performing.

They are lacking something and a leader like Williams would sort that out.

i can't see why
a) swansea would want to sell their captain
b) swansea wouldn't value him way higher than his worth
c) why he would come here to play second fiddle with his country on the verge of a major tournament

It must be.

But I'm 99% sure Pienaar is finished and Kone is, well, Kone, we absolutely need a centre forward and maybe another winger.

Kone did ok today, but when all is said and done he's a striker (apparently) and he doesn't get amongst the goals.
He's one we cant wait to get rid of next summer....hopefully this summer or January if we can get shut.

Spot on that. As for '3rd choice': the two starting positions should not be anyone's to hold as of right...including the captain.

They're not and they won't be. But the new signing will definitely come in as third choice and so they should. You seem to hate Jags, but even you have to admit he;s been very good for us since Christmas, and deserves to hold down a place for now.

They're not and they won't be. But the new signing will definitely come in as third choice and so they should. You seem to hate Jags, but even you have to admit he;s been very good for us since Christmas, and deserves to hold down a place for now.
I dont hate him, I recognise his frailities. We cant have him going through one of his customary 'goes missing for a month' runs just because he wears the armband.

If he's screwing up - out he goes. And he will screw up.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/wid...3EENBui#ooid=R1Y2FpdjrtvDGCi8tz2-nPtXR3EENBui

Edit: I do appreciate him pointing out the importance of evaluating academy players before deciding on transfers, even if it's nonsense.

I really wanted a seagull to slop on his head then.

If we get this mythical playmaker and another CB option we'll be good to go, personnel-wise... I think we just need to deviate from the 2 DMs thing/at least alternate them every once in a while, to break the mould.

We either need a #10 or give Barkley a constant run in that position. Doesn't look like the latter will happen though.

We need another CB. If Jags got injured for a long period we'll be knackered having to get Browning / Galloway in so early. Though knowing Martinez he'll stick Barry in there.

We need another striker. We have 1 striker in Lukaku. The name Kone doesn't exist for me, he seems to have found his level against Scottish first division opposition.

The point is though, we shouldn't have to say "would be a bonus". We require one and so we should be able to bring one in.

If Lukaku gets a bad injury where will our goals come from?

I agree, but the squad is big as it is. If we could ship out Kone then that would be fine, but realistically we won't be able to.

We either need a #10 or give Barkley a constant run in that position. Doesn't look like the latter will happen though.

We need another CB. If Jags got injured for a long period we'll be knackered having to get Browning / Galloway in so early. Though knowing Martinez he'll stick Barry in there.

We need another striker. We have 1 striker in Lukaku. The name Kone doesn't exist for me, he seems to have found his level against Scottish first division opposition.
Barkley has had plenty of opportunities to make that position his own and he hasn't done enough when given the chance.

Barkley will play in the natural #10 position. The playmaker will probably play out wide left, like Pienaar used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back