Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how that can be the case as in the current squad we don't have a single player who can play the role of a playmaker, but do have 3 players if you include Naismith who can play upfront. We need someone with vision and creativity, we can't be having games like Swansea, West Brom etc at home last season, this season. We need to be able to break teams down that sit behind the ball otherwise our strikers won't get the chances anyway.

We certainly need that type of player, but we desperately need a centre forward too. If you're telling me we'll have Cleverley, Mirallas, Deulofeu and Barkley all on the pitch and chances aren't being created for Lukaku then I'd tell you it's the tactics that are failing and not the personnel.

If Lukaku goes down we're screwed, end of. Naismith is nowhere near good enough to play as our main striker and Kone couldn't hit a barn door. Another proper centre forward would give us the option of two up front as well.

It's an odd one that Austin hasn't been snapped up yet
Apparently he has a long standing shoulder injury that means clubs are reluctant to pay the 15m that QPR are demanding
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oncerns-mean-willing-pay-12m-QPR-striker.html
Austin failed a medical at Hull City back in 2013, when he was at Burnley. That is believed to have boiled down to his shoulder. And the 25-year-old missed a chunk of QPR’s promotion from the Championship a year later after damaging the bone and cartilage in his shoulder, an injury which required surgery.

It's an odd one that Austin hasn't been snapped up yet

QPR are asking a big fee and Austin has a year left on his deal. As the end of the window gets closer his price will go down as they get more desperate to sell. I'd be surprised if he leaves before the last few days of August.

Goalkeeper would be my nr 1 priority but since that won't happen surely we will buy one next summer at least?

YESSSSSS! bACK AFTER MY 2 DAY BAN!

GK your top priority over a replacement for Kone and Osman?

I'm shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back