Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are so many better examples than coutinho, why does everyone use him? he's like the 9th best ACM in the prem

Because he isn't afraid of playing a risky, positive ball and does many times a match, unlike everyone in our squad. He's also a very good player. I have no idea who the top 9 attacking midfield players are in the league, but if there are 8 better than him, they will also be very good players.

Anyone who has watched him a good amount and claims he isn't good is probably on crack.

how do people think a backup striker is more important than a playmaker? we struggled last year because teams would sit back against us and we couldn't break them down or give Rom could service. We don't need to spend 14m on another striker that won't get service
Disagree. We need another striker that can link up with the midfield and Rom. To much playing the ball square and backwards last year was the problem. Need a little spark to ignite this plus some more from Ross and Macca and we could do well. Love to see us get a quality playmaker as well but it not going to happen I dont think

A playmaker is more important than a back-up striker IMO.

Kone, while terrible, is still a better option than Jelavic and Anichebe who were our main strikers before Rom was around. Other players like Naismith and Mirallas can do a job up top, thought it's not ideal.

Obviously, if Lukaku got injured for the season then it'd be worrying, but that applies for Coleman and either of our CBs (even after we sign a back up CB).

Meanwhile, I'd like us to sign a player than can help us get the best out of our players who like to get forward in Lukaku, Mirallas, Coleman, Deulofeu etc... as it's something we've been missing for a long time.

Kone, while terrible, is still a better option than Jelavic and Anichebe who were our main strikers before Rom was around. Other players like Naismith and Mirallas can do a job up top, thought it's not ideal.

Obviously, if Lukaku got injured for the season then it'd be worrying, but that applies for Coleman and either of our CBs (even after we sign a back up CB).

Meanwhile, I'd like us to sign a player than can help us get the best out of our players who like to get forward in Lukaku, Mirallas, Coleman, Deulofeu etc... as it's something we've been missing for a long time.

I'd take either of them over Kone right now I've got to be honest.

Because he isn't afraid of playing a risky, positive ball and does many times a match, unlike everyone in our squad. He's also a very good player. I have no idea who the top 9 attacking midfield players are in the league, but if there are 8 better than him, they will also be very good players.

Anyone who has watched him a good amount and claims he isn't good is probably on crack.

He's good but by no means world class. He shouldn't have been anywhere near that Team of the Year last season. He's invisible in a lot of games - especially if he gets a slight kick early on (McCarthy did him in the first 10 of the Goodison derby and he was anonymous all game). Only big game he played well in was against City.

Keep seeing Austin mentioned. To me he absolutely reeks of a one season wonder at Premier League level. Akin to the season had by the likes of Marcus Stewart, Michu, a Forssell.

Keep seeing Austin mentioned. To me he absolutely reeks of a one season wonder at Premier League level. Akin to the season had by the likes of Marcus Stewart, Michu, a Forssell.

I think that's harsh. Reported on QPR a lot last year and his all-round play is decent. Would be very good for us as a second choice behind Lukaku, but we won't spend £10mil on a back up striker.

No no no. Big vic and jelavic both way better than Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back