Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want you all to remember the Van Dijk advocates on this board when he signs for us (or somewhere else) and is sensational.

He's a fantastic player, if we get him I'll be absolutely delighted because I've no doubt in my mind he's a better player than Jags. Between him and Stones the gap is much smaller but I'd still probably rate Van Dijk a little higher for now.

Best case scenario is we get Van Dijk for 10-12m, keep Stones and partner them both. The potential in that pair is scary.

?? Van Dijk > Stones > Jagielka ??

detail.b366a3fa.jpg

Missed out on another target.

Shaun Wright-Phillips joins brother at New York Red Bulls

_84515702_a45b8108-8330-4172-8625-3b858db22f08.jpg

Shaun Wright-Phillips (left) and brother Bradley played together at Manchester City in 2004
Shaun Wright-Phillips has signed for New York Red Bulls and will join his younger brother Bradley at the Major League Soccer club.

The 33-year-old winger, who made 36 England appearances, has made the move following nearly four years at QPR.

He has also had spells at Manchester City and Chelsea and made 299 Premier League appearances.

"He has been training here and we have seen his professionalism," Red Bulls head coach Jesse Marsch said.

"We think he is a tremendous addition both on the field and as a veteran presence in our locker room."

Shaun Wright-Phillips, who was a free agent after his QPR contract expired last month, played with striker Bradley at Manchester City in 2004.

Bradley Wright-Phillips, 30, joined Red Bulls in 2013 and has scored 41 goals in 63 appearances for the club.

41 in 63?! MLS is league 1 standard. Or maybe worse.

Fuming Stoke beat us to Afellay. We are an absolute joke!

Three seasons ago I thought he and Elio Elijah ( sp?) we're going to be outstanding and that we should sign the pair of them whatever the cost. And that is why I'm not a football manager as both never lived up to anywhere near their potential. Affelay to be fair had a serious injury at Barca....do you think he'll not get regularly decked in training with them Pottery Greks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back