Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Patriots shout ended me. They work under a salary cap ffs, completely different constraints to work under

We had a terrible player as 3rd choice CB last season and it didn't end well

Good point well made.

Everton v Arsenal
  • 24 Howard
  • 23 Coleman
  • 06 Jagielka
  • 15 Distin
  • 03 Baines Booked
  • 16 McCarthy
  • 18 Barry
  • 11 Mirallas (Atsu - 85' )
  • 14 Naismith
  • 22 Pienaar (Osman - 10' )
  • 10 Lukaku (McGeady - 76' )
Substitutes
  • 01 Robles
  • 07 McGeady
  • 17 Besic
  • 19 Atsu
  • 21 Osman
  • 26 Stones
  • 30 Alcaraz

Fume machine ON.

Is this transfer window a joke or what? I mean, they have already been quite frustrating under Moyes, but we're seemingly very inactive in trying to address the issues that are very clear in this squad. We currently have two nominal CBs, one of which is still very doubtful whether he'll still be with us at the beginning of September. Seriously, what are we waiting for? Are we really contemplating buying this 16 year old from City?
Problem no. 2: wingers. Let's see... we have Deulofeu who's not match fit and his fitness is doubtful. We have Mirallas who doesn't seem to be a starter for Bobby lately and wants to leave anyway. And the others... Pienaar who sprains his ankle even when getting up from the couch, McGeady who has absolutely nothing to do in the Barclays Premier League, Osman and Naisy aren't really wingers, are they, neither is Barkel. And that was it!
Whereas we could set up a full team of central midfielders... not to mention we are one Seamus Coleman injury away from seeing Hibbert on the pitch and one Lukaku injury away from seeing that lummox Koné... and then I see that players like Franco di Santo, who carried Werder Bremen back from the relegation zone to mid table on his shoulders and scored many important goals signs for 6 million euros to Schalke, good age, big, strong striker who we could surely have afforded and has already played in England or a Carlos Zambrano who is a very capable Bundesliga defender also at a very good age with only one year left on his contract, looking for a bigger club than Frankfurt... I just don't think we are sending scouts away from England really, these could be great swoops for a financially limited club like us and we're letting them slip from our hands...
Bobby mate, you cannot be serious in thinking that players like McAleny, Galloway and Henen will keep us in the league...

You've had some stick for this, mate, but don't worry. Tell me more about this 'Barkel' chap...

Said it before though mate, for every Rooney there is a Jeffers/Jevons or Cadamarteri. No risk can be taken solely with youth these days, the financial implications are too high - have a look for a book called Soccernomics by Simon Kuper, highlights matters such as this in there. Good holiday read !

I'll take a look at it but you get what I mean. That Rooney could score 10-20 goals a season.

I don't want Stones to leave, but if we replaced him with Dragovich and Van Dijk that would somewhat cushion the blow.

Have you watched much of this dragovitch to be happy with him as a replacement ? Up until he was linked I Deffo couldn't think of a game i'd remembered him in never mind pick him out of an i'd parade so i'd prefer not to rest my season on him . Van Dijk is a risk and I might take it as someone to fit in with the other two but selling stones and replacing him with those two with zero premier league experience between them would worry me a little i'll be honest .

Have you watched much of this dragovitch to be happy with him as a replacement ? Up until he was linked I Deffo couldn't think of a game i'd remembered him in never mind pick him out of an i'd parade so i'd prefer not to rest my season on him . Van Dijk is a risk and I might take it as someone to fit in with the other two but selling stones and replacing him with those two with zero premier league experience between them would worry me a little i'll be honest .

Played against us twice for Kyiv this season and looked handy. Would be brilliant to compliment Stones and Jags. Not as Stones' replacement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back