Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've been down this road before ( relative inactivity in the xfer window until deadline day etc) but it does start to grate when its happening. Trying to stay calm and patient but as we near the first premier league game it gets more and more annoying.

Have you watched much of this dragovitch to be happy with him as a replacement ? Up until he was linked I Deffo couldn't think of a game i'd remembered him in never mind pick him out of an i'd parade so i'd prefer not to rest my season on him . Van Dijk is a risk and I might take it as someone to fit in with the other two but selling stones and replacing him with those two with zero premier league experience between them would worry me a little i'll be honest .

To be honest mate not an awful lot. I saw him play in the Europa league last year. We were linked with him a couple of years back so I kept a bit of an eye on him. I have seen him play a bit for Austria too, so I don't claim to be any kind of expert. From what I've seen I have been quite impressed though. He'd need a bit of time to acclimatise though, but if we signed him alongside a Van Dijk it would allow him time to bed in as 3rd choice for a period.

I also think he is the sort of player that Martinez could mould into a decent defender for us. He is quick and aggressive. The lack of premier league experience as you have said is a risk though.

Celtic struggling at home in the CL qualifiers.

Van Dijk could be up for grabs from next Wednesday at this rate.

They kept a clean sheet at home tho and nicked 1. Not a bad result for them . He will be in no rush to leave if they qualify but there is 1 more round I think before group and alot of good teams left.

4.5 mil at present we are the lowest spending club in the premiership. Of course there is another month to go to buy but that means another month for our players to be bought as well. How we haven't got another center half in by now is very poor management. They knew the milkman and that lad with the jail name would be off. They knew a top 4 club would be looking at stones. It ain't like it's not obvious. No playmaker. No back up front man. Where's that "who's wearing the Martinez mask "thread goddammit

They kept a clean sheet at home tho and nicked 1. Not a bad result for them . He will be in no rush to leave if they qualify but there is 1 more round I think before group and alot of good teams left.
I think he'll leave regardless...just that it'd be sooner if they fail in this qualifying round. Van Dijk will be desperate to get away from that league up their now, even if it means stepping out of the CL stages.

I'm sure his bigger goal is to play in Euro 2016.

Totally agree with you ! Cleverly and delofeu don't even feel like new signings ! Worst window in a while
4.5 mil at present we are the lowest spending club in the premiership. Of course there is another month to go to buy but that means another month for our players to be bought as well. How we haven't got another center half in by now is very poor management. They knew the milkman and that lad with the jail name would be off. They knew a top 4 club would be looking at stones. It ain't like it's not obvious. No playmaker. No back up front man. Where's that "who's wearing the Martinez mask "thread goddammit

I think he'll leave regardless...just that it'd be sooner if they fail in this qualifying round. Van Dijk will be desperate to get away from that league up their now, even if it means stepping out of the CL stages.

I'm sure his bigger goal is to play in Euro 2016.

My money is on him staying if they qualify. It's why players go there. It's not to play v Aberdeen. It's to play once a month champs league matches in that stadium. If they don't qualify he will be off and celtic will cash in

He'll start for Southampton. They had pinned their hopes on signing Alderweireld permanently and then Gardos got injured. They have Yoshida to partner Fonte, but Koeman proved last year that Yoshida isn't going to be first choice for him.

Yeah they were even saying "we expect to sign Alderweireld" and threatening legal action if he didn't sign for them because of that supposed buy out clause in his loan. Definitely weren't planning on losing him.

Are we in for a RB on loan then if Hibbert has done his ACL??

Browning and Galloway as back up CB and RB, even if we get another CB on loan, is cupboard is bare stuff

Are we in for a RB on loan then if Hibbert has done his ACL??

Browning and Galloway as back up CB and RB, even if we get another CB on loan, is cupboard is bare stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back