Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question mate - how many seasons do you thinks Jags has left making 40+ starts at Prem level? I reckon that (barring any serious injury) he's got two seasons at his current standard, one at a slight drop off and then one where he will show substantial decline.

Galloway and Browning are not the right partners for Stones quite yet - both could do with going out on loan and getting regular starts in order to push their development. Sitting on the bench for us and getting ten minutes once every five or six games for the next two years is not the way to maximise their development.

So I think we should be looking for someone around the 23 to 26 years old range, who could come in and make 20 starts a season if injury to Stones or Jags necessitated it. And wouldn't it be a good idea for that incoming player to be approaching the standard good enough to ease Jags out of the starting lineup in the next two to three years? I don't see the point in waiting until it becomes urgent.
You seem unfamiliar with Everton Mr Tree

Not being cheeky but based on what, have you seen him play?

....a few lads on here watched him against us (in the League Cup?) and suggested he gave us quite a few problems. Beyond that I have only seen the obligatory You Tube clips, I appreciate this is a distorted view but he looks a strapping lad with good movement and ability. I know he's not playing at Fulham but he's a young lad who could be a good acquisition at little cost.

Nolito bummed us in pre season last year, didn't he? Was clearly the best player on the pitch.

So this is a no then. Not nearly Wigan enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back