Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds a bit like a wonderkid who stalled in his development, as he was linked with just about everyone 2 years ago but has yet to make his debut in first team football. A quick google shows he is being touted around by River Plate for £3m with Marseille linked.

Still he did play really well against us in the Dallas Cup a few months ago so there might be something in it.
Thanks, was trying to remember where I recalled his name from, was a nice goal.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/03/30/report-everton-u19s-river-plate-u19s

For the next couple of seasons at least it will John Stones not Phil Jagielka who will need taking out of the team for a rest.
Jagielka is a battle hardened experienced professional who can play week after week.
John Stones, is a tall gangly young man who will be under severe scrutiny in every game he plays for all sorts of reasons, he is the player that may occasionally need to be given a rest to refresh his batteries.
Ok, I can see that point of view - in fact, it makes an awful lot of sense.

At the end of those couple of years that you mention though, do you still see Jags performing at his current standard for 40 starts a season? I don't. Age catches up with everyone.

Bring in a 3rd CB to split time with Stones AND Jags now, with a view to pushing Jags down the pecking order to 3rd CB in a couple years. Gives us genuine competition for starting spots, allows Stones the occasional break that you have correctly highlighted he would benefit from, reduces wear and tear on Jags by occasionally giving him a break too, and allows Galloway and Browning freedom to go out on loan and develop at the right pace.

OR, if you don't want to spend enough to bring in someone of sufficient quality to compete then bring in a loan with a bit of experience to permit all the same benefits as above. But for pity's sake, don't spend a transfer fee on someone who isn't good enough to push Jags and Stones - it serves no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back