Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need Evans even if Stones stays.

If we keep Stones (which I'm not convinced we will) I'm actually not arsed about a defender. Browning and Galloway are decent back ups, and if one of them has to step in then they have to take their chance.

I'm struggling with your thinking here chaps. Galloway and Browning would surely benefit from being out on loan: making 40 starts in the Championship has got to be better for their development than sitting on our bench every week, getting ten minutes every fifth or sixth game. To facilitate this, we need to bring in a 3rd CB. If the 3rd CB is going to be useful, and is intended to play semi-regulalrly, he needs to be better than Jonny Evans. Equally, if the 3rd CB is NOT intended to play much at all, then why the fudge would you spend £8m on him?

Evans on loan as 3rd CB I would be ok with ( presuming Stones stays). Evans as a starter? No thank you. Evans as a permanent transfer? No thank you.

But would you stifle the development of Galloway and / or Browning by asking them to be the 3rd CB in the squad, on the basis that you want Jags to make 40 starts because he's still tip-top?

Obviously there's no sense in spending £8m on a no-mark like Evans to sit on the bench as 3rd CB - you'd effectively be paying out a wedge to buy the flexibility needed to loan out one of the youngsters.

So you could take the likes of Evans in on loan - at least you wouldn't be buying him - and loan out Galloway (for argument's sake) for as long as it takes for him to be ready to come in and take over from Jags, or you can buy/loan in someone young and upcoming (but older and more experienced that Stones) who will genuinely compete for a starting spot fairly quickly.

In my humble opinion, if we are considering paying anything like an £8m fee for a CB it shouldn't be for someone who ISN'T going to push, and eventually take over, from Jags. Otherwise we will have to pay out AGAIN in a couple of years to replace Jags (unless we get lucky with Galloway or Browning). We just don't have the money to spend £8m on someone markedly below the standard of Jags and Stones AND still bolster other areas of need.

lol i havent s

lol i havent seen him play any time recently so no idea how he has developed since then. Like milner for example, was an attacking midfielder/winger at leeds, became a further back utility midfielder, two different roles.

But he was good back in his day and could play that role amongst others.

Pato was never an attacking midfielder/winger at Leeds, I'm not stpuid

Is the correct answer really. But it is crap that players aren't in before the season actually starts.
I think it's either waiting for the TV money which is sad really or he's waiting to experiment the squad we already have during the first few games, although I still think he should make signings regardless, saying that though I want them to be the right ones and not just a panic buy.

We weren't after any of the players they have signed.
Does that make any difference to the point I am trying to make? They have actually gone out and invested to improve their team, they already finished above last year. How can a club like Crystal Palace be outspending Everton?

I think it's either waiting for the TV money which is sad really or he's waiting to experiment the squad we already have during the first few games, although I still think he should make signings regardless, saying that though I want them to be the right ones and not just a panic buy.

It is tough. Nobody wants any old get being bought in just for the sake of making a signing or 2.

But when there are gaping holes in the squad that need filling it's a bit odd that they haven't.

I honestly can't bare the thought of Lukaku being properly injured.

£9m for conor wickham though. you'd rather we spent £9m on conor wickham than not spend any money??
It is not about the player they have bought, it is about the money they have spent. How can Crystal Palace be spending more money than Everton? It is a joke.

It is tough. Nobody wants any old get being bought in just for the sake of making a signing or 2.

But when there are gaping holes in the squad that need filling it's a bit odd that they haven't.

I honestly can't bare the thought of Lukaku being properly injured.
Roberto has ruled out buying a striker recently hasn't he? Whether he's blagging or not I don't know, but that's worrying to say the least.

Does that make any difference to the point I am trying to make? They have actually gone out and invested to improve their team, they already finished above last year. How can a club like Crystal Palace be outspending Everton?

But we have invested and improved our team, it just hasn't cost us £20mil. We've brought in Cleverley for free who will be a good player, and Del on the cheap who is better than anyone Palace have signed (bar Cabaye). We'll get players in, we just have to be patient.

If a player wants to leave a club, then the best deals are mostly to be had at the end of the window, as the selling club is more likely to decide to cut their losses and sell at a cheaper rate than they have been asking for.

It is not about the player they have bought, it is about the money they have spent. How can Crystal Palace be spending more money than Everton? It is a joke.

a) Is it, really? Should we trade Deulofeu for him so that our net spend increases?
b) They're called 'Crystal Palace' and for me their name has always inspired thoughts of otherworldly riches... modern-day Everton makes me think of Pukka Pies.

a) Is it, really? Should we trade Deulofeu for him so that our net spend increases?
b) They're called 'Crystal Palace' and for me their name has always inspired thoughts of otherworldly riches... modern-day Everton makes me think of Pukka Pies.
At least if Wickham does good for them they will be keeping him. Our deal for Deulofeu is nothing more than a glorified loan.

cowpat-300x224.webp
MyLeftBigToe2.webp

At least if Wickham does good for them they will be keeping him. Our deal for Deulofeu is nothing more than a glorified loan.

Imagine if Deulofeu plays anywhere near well enough to inspire Barca to consider taking that buy-back option... to play his way into contention for a starting place in Barca's midfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back