Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll see Lennon and a CH come in permanently. Then 2/3 loans at the end of the window. We will do loan, free or cheap.

This would fit into what we have done in the past. Loan with option to buy as with Lukaku & Barry and in the end with Gerry. We tried it again last season but it didn't work out with Atsu but there should have been more. This was our mistake last season as we basically didn't improve the squad. We haven't got the money of other clubs so can't waste anything buying outright in the hope it works unless it's a cheap squad player, we have to be sure it will work.

Yeh he would be good. Wages though and again I think the fee may put us off (for a back up CF).
You think United would want a lot? Maybe a loan with a view to buy would work, however I think they could use Hernandez as bait for Stones, hope I'm wrong though.

You think United would want a lot? Maybe a loan with a view to buy would work, however I think they could use Hernandez as bait for Stones, hope I'm wrong though.

He's in the last year of his contract I think, so I dunno if they'd be willing to loan. I reckon they'd want £10mil.

'A quick, agile, and creative forward, with excellent technical ability, and an eye for goal.

A versatile forward, he is capable of playing anywhere along the front line; despite being right footed, he can strike the ball well and powerfully with both feet, beat opponents when dribbling, and create chances for team-mates.'

Where's the PATO money Bill?

Wait for the fume when we line up against Watford like this next week;

Howard
Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
Barry
McCarthy
Naismith
Osman
Mirallas
Lukaku

Wait for the fume when we line up against Watford like this next week;

Howard
Coleman
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
Barry
McCarthy
Naismith
Osman
Mirallas
Lukaku

i think naismith is too out of favour now to be honest. barkley would definitely start given his pre-season form.

Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.
Would you spend 9m on Wickham ?

we have had all summer to improve the squad, 1 week until the first game, not good enough, no ambition.
I guess we're waiting to see who doesn't making it into the named CL squads at 'bigger' clubs and who we can grab from that once they start throwing their toy out of the pram. Could easily pick up a solid defender from that and a striker on loan. As for Playmaker, I'm virtually certain he's got a shortlist of at least a couple that aren't available until the end of the window for whatever reason (clubs looking to replace them/seeing if they get knocked out of Europe/applying pressure to Chairmen to keep the price down/ etc)

I'm not too worried yet, Bobby tends to know what he's doing and sometimes it involves a bit of brinkmanship.

Distin / Alcatraz played almost 40 games last year didnt they.

Say one of Browning, Galloway gets 20. Would that be better for their development than 40 championship games?
Good point. I agree that this is a possibility. But the risk is that Browning or Galloway plays five or six games, struggles immensely and, despite clearly needing to be taken out of the firing line for a while, has to keep going because of injury to Jags or Stones. By the end of the season he's broken and never realises his true potential. Are we prepared to take that risk?

I agree that your suggestion has merit; I am perhaps a little more pessimistic / risk averse so I'd rather see them both on loan in the championship. It was good for Coleman, and I think it's going to be good for Garbutt (who is possibily at a more advanced stage than Galloway and Browning anyway).

Toguh decision to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back