Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......could be something in this from a rumour site;

30 Jul 2015 22:20:50
I was talking to Lee Carsleys hairdresser who was having a pint in scottie road, he said big dunc is coming out of retirement and taking the number nine jersey off Kone, the club to issue a statement shortly saying they will refund the one top they sold with Kones name on it.

Guess you are being funny. But if we bought Wickham for 9m instead of a decent CB i would fly that plane myself.
I didn't say I wanted to sign Wickham. I'm talking in terms of the comparative spend Crystal Palace seem to have compared to us. Can you see us spending £22m this summer? I can't.

You're missing my point. They are spending £9m + the £13m they already spent on Cabaye. Do you think we'll spend £22m this summer?
Yes, we're consistently looking at a defender for £8M-£10M and a playmaker in the £10M-£14M range.

Personally I'd be happy if we got all our targets much cheaper than everyone else is paying, any idiot can sign players with a large wad of cash, doesn't mean they are any better that the ones you get a good deal on.

All the people on here who have been yelling WE HAVE HAD ALL SUMMER TO GET OUR TARGETS , WE SHOULD OF GOT IT DONE EARLY

These type of people did their homework on a Friday night so they could get it done and out the way

Bill is currently on the bus on a Monday morning checking if his mates have done theirs and asking can he have a copy

You are being very generous by implying that these posters have been through the education system

All the people on here who have been yelling WE HAVE HAD ALL SUMMER TO GET OUR TARGETS , WE SHOULD OF GOT IT DONE EARLY

These type of people did their homework on a Friday night so they could get it done and out the way

Bill is currently on the bus on a Monday morning checking if his mates have done theirs and asking can he have a copy
Our best ever start to a premiership season 2006/2007 coincided with getting our transfer business done early. Lescott, Johnson et al. Moyes even admitted getting his squad together early was a key factor in this. If you are happy for us still being a week away from the start of the window with only a free transfer and Gerard signed then you are easily pleased. If we had had our business done earlier in Roberto's first season then I highly doubt we would have only taken 3 points from the first 9 which ultimately cost us champions league football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back