Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.

This is a silly post.

Please don´t be silly.

Or if you will insist on being silly, please be humorous whilst doing so.

Thank you.

Good point. I agree that this is a possibility. But the risk is that Browning or Galloway plays five or six games, struggles immensely and, despite clearly needing to be taken out of the firing line for a while, has to keep going because of injury to Jags or Stones. By the end of the season he's broken and never realises his true potential. Are we prepared to take that risk?

I agree that your suggestion has merit; I am perhaps a little more pessimistic / risk averse so I'd rather see them both on loan in the championship. It was good for Coleman, and I think it's going to be good for Garbutt (who is possibily at a more advanced stage than Galloway and Browning anyway).

Toguh decision to make.

Yes agreed, tough decision. I'd go for it on the proviso that the £8m we were going to spend on Scot Dann etc. is spent on Pato. Admittedly another risk. He who dares Rodney, he who dares.

All the people on here who have been yelling WE HAVE HAD ALL SUMMER TO GET OUR TARGETS , WE SHOULD OF GOT IT DONE EARLY

These type of people did their homework on a Friday night so they could get it done and out the way

Bill is currently on the bus on a Monday morning checking if his mates have done theirs and asking can he have a copy

Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.
Guess you are being funny. But if we bought Wickham for 9m instead of a decent CB i would fly that plane myself.

Guess you are being funny. But if we bought Wickham for 9m instead of a decent CB i would fly that plane myself.

I think the point being made is that's teams are spending money while we still have 2 centre backs, midfielders who can't pay boss throughies to Rom and a reserve striker who can't play football.

It's not about Palace spending £9m on Wickham or the fact the window is open until the end of August, it's the fact that Martinez has known since January that we've needed a new CB. He's had all summer and has spent under £5m, so should have the money. Yet just over a week until the start of the season, and we're yet to sign one. Or his foreign 'number ten'. Then to add insult to injury, he thinks we're well equipped up top with Kone playing backup to Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back