Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people fume and panic about what we have or havnt signed when there's still a month left.

I'm pretty sure we have better irons in the fire than what west ham, stoke or any other mid range club are signing at the moment!

Patience dear children, the best deals are more often than not done at the end. It's the way we HAVE to roll.

I'm pretty certain we'll see at least 3 in through the door. Maybe four!

I watched him for Blackburn against Liverpool in the cup last year, the term "a real handful" was used then and the commentator said he had " an all action style".

Basically he was charging about, swinging his elbows and snapping people. It was fun to watch, but if he played for us he would be a liability

When did the straq sugn for blackburn?

I don't get why people fume and panic about what we have or havnt signed when there's still a month left.

I'm pretty sure we have better irons in the fire than what west ham, stoke or any other mid range club are signing at the moment!

Patience dear children, the best deals are more often than not done at the end. It's the way we HAVE to roll.

Say that quietly pal or you will get pinched by the 'buy every player availible and for loadsa money even if they are poo it dosent matter as long as its early' brigade

I think we ARE looking for a striker, but it's not a main priority. It's just someone to fill in for when Lukaku is injured, not someone top class just someone who can offer something different.

Maybe a younger player from the lower leagues, or a foreign player who has scored goals in a country that isn't as highly rated as others, i.e swiss league or austrian league.

I would be happy if we got in somebody like Benik Afobe. Young, eager to succeed and probably happy to get the odd game here and there for a top league team. And if we sell on Lukaku (which seems likely at some stage) he could take over.

I think you ought to get the Monopoly board out. You have a fixation about buying any old tat.....get yourself Old Kent Road with a hotel on it because someone from West Ham just bought Marlborough Street and freezing Palace just bought Vine street for just £220.00
Or I think you ought to see smaller clubs who have been in and out of the league blowing us out the water in terms of spending.

Having £22m doesn't mean you have to spend it on the same players they are, though if you're calling Cabaye 'tat' then I completely disagree.

I watched him for Blackburn against Liverpool in the cup last year, the term "a real handful" was used then and the commentator said he had " an all action style".

Basically he was charging about, swinging his elbows and snapping people. It was fun to watch, but if he played for us he would be a liability

Sounds like a description of Stracqualursi

Being linked with Pato again I see.

Worth a gamble I recon. Not sure his playboy lifestyle fits within the whole "certain type of player" line we always hear.

We wont be signing anyone of note , hardly spending a penny and no one anywhere nere better than we already have.
How do you rate Deulofeu in comparison to McGeady mate?

Take a deep breath. The market is currently awash with cash - there's some real dross changing hands for absolutely ridiculous money right now. No point getting caught up in the frenzy.

This net spend issue just won't die. Infuriating.

If we sold McCarthy for £25m and brought in Yarmolenko for £8m and Van Dijk for £10m, we'd have a negative net spend. But it would be good business.

Equally, if we sold Mirallas for £8m and spent £9m on Jonny Evans, £4m on Hertaux and £25m on Ashley Williams, we'd have a huge positive net spend. But it would be beyond awful.

How do people not grasp this? The quality of the players sold and bought, and the respective prices paid for each player, matter FAR more than the net spend figure .
I'm not saying we ought to waste money like.

It'd be nice to have money to waste though.

Our first game is next week mate.

Being linked with Pato again I see.

Worth a gamble I recon. Not sure his playboy lifestyle fits within the whole "certain type of player" line we always hear.

Well you always have to have one or two idiots in the team. Eto and Distin gone he might just pack his stuff and come to Goodison. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back