Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching Celtic and think Van Dijk would be a superb signing, he will no doubt end up at another English club though. Reminds me very much of a young Lescott.

I'm watching it as well, he hasn't had anything to do so far although he does look composed on the ball and is a unit.

On the other hand Boyata is having an absolute stinker.

I'm watching it as well, he hasn't had anything to do so far although he does look composed on the ball and is a unit.

On the other hand Boyata is having an absolute stinker.

Lovely assist to setup the foul for the penalty which was then converted.

Agreed on Boyata, keeps losing the ball cheaply

Not as well as your mum played the number 69 role last evening.

image.gif

If for one minute we can leave the realm of reality and say that we have bought Fabregas.
That would give us a likely starting first eleven of
Howard, Coleman ,Jagielka ,Stones, Baines,McCarthy, Cleverley, Barkley,Deulofeu, Fabregas and Lukaku.

I think that team would be as good as any in the premiership.

Back to reality, Barry and Mirallas are not even picked. Ten of the team are already at the club.
The point is that the missing piece of the jigsaw, the last piece has to be a "Fabregas". He has to be right, he has to be special.
All summer I have listened to suggestions about players we should sign and very few have that extra X factor that we need.
We need to be patient and hope that when he arrives he is the "special" one.

I think it also highlights just how close we are to having a real top quality team.

Hmm ... even if we leave aside the issue of Howard, you've got a young forward line there who've all got a massive amount still to prove. Can Lukaku improve his all round game ? Is Barkley really the player we thought he was, after his stinker of a season ? Can Deulofeu show that he's more than just a handy impact sub ? They're nowhere near the best in the premiership yet. And if you're really going to be the best, you need to have the best second XI as well, and we're light years away from that.

Van Dijk excellent here in possession, some lovely passes, just a couple of poor showings in the Europa last year have me sceptical.

Seen a lot of Celtic fans on Twitter saying they'd drive Van Dijk here for £10 million, and their tweets were generally being agreed with by other Celtic fans. Not sure why so many want him other than based on his reputation as a decent player.

Not very many, and the Brazilian league really isn't that good, especially when converting it into premier league players.
I'm guessing with this comment you've not watched many games or any at all of the Brazilian league. It's not like the lad hasn't played outside of this league before either, he's had more than a sniff at European footy and was extremely successful.

Absolutely terrible is way off the mark. The figures quoted they want for him, if true, would be too much of a risk though. If it was half that, I'd take him without second guessing it. From what I've seen, he's got enough quality to strengthen our side and score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back