Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we miss a trick there re Big Lambo?

£3M. Could have done a job off the bench or led the line a bit lot more than Kone can.

There is no chance we'll sign four - nor do we need to. Unless we start selling players.
A centre half, and a player who can cover positions behind the striker. That's what we need - and hopefully will get.
We have dross that needs to go: McGeady and Kone.
We have players who, through either constant injury or age, cannot be relied upon to play many games: Pienaar, Gibson.
We have players who, by merit of their age, will need replacing sooner rather than later: Osman, Howard, Jagielka.
We have players who currently start due to lack of alternatives: Naismith, Barry.

We need more than two in. But I would be perfectly happy if we got the bulk of our incoming players on loan, just to give the likes of Galloway, Browning, Garbutt, McAlney, Besic, Oviedo, Cleverly and Deulofeu the chance to earn their places in the first team lineup.

Sunderland close to signing M'Villa apparently, used to be fantastic a few years back.

If we drop points and play sideways guff against Watford the meltdown will truly happen and rightfully so with this criminal lack of business so far. Surely he will want atleast that 3rd choice CB in before the Watford game? I know Barry can 'play' there but we are 1 injury away in pre season games/training to having just 1 experienced CB available.
This is a fair point. Apart from the suggestion that Barry can deputise there, which I presume is sublime sarcasm.

There is no chance we'll sign four - nor do we need to. Unless we start selling players.
A centre half, and a player who can cover positions behind the striker. That's what we need - and hopefully will get.
We need at a centre half to fill the gap of Distin and Alcaraz leaving. Galloway and or Browning can take the 4th CB slot. A number 10 seems to be the next issue, but I think we need a striker to support or cover for Lukaku. Don't think we'll get one like, as Martinez seems content with Kone for some reason. Still think we might get Lennon on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back