Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about wasting money, it's getting the required quality in. We were told by Martinez they had identified targets at the end of the season. Well we have got two of those targets in. One a free. So what hasn't more progress been made on the other targets I.e. Submitting a bid. Bobby told us he knows who he wants why are they not here?
How do you know who we have or haven't submitted a bid for? There's still four weeks left for Pete's sake.

More rubbish here then.
Exactly! I think people hear the name and as a Brazilian they ultimately think it must be a great move. It's not as simple as that though.

Part of me thinks he had a good spell at Milan in a competitive league (nearly one in two goal ratio) and his international record isn't too shabby.

He has age on his side as well. Yet he then seems to have waned significantly since then both at Corinthians and Sao Paulo.

He doesn't know the league either! Is it worth taking a risk on a name (who'll demand sizeable wages you'd expect)? I don't think so.

It would be nice to have genuine talent in the squad and he potentially could get the goals, but I think we need reliability to support Rom.

I know it wouldn't have been an overly popular choice, but someone like Lambert would have been sensible: £3m, scores and knows the league.

How do you know who we have or haven't submitted a bid for? There's still four weeks left for Pete's sake.
When we go in for players we should give the agent, player and the club a deadline. If the transfer doesn't happen by that deadline then move onto your other target...
That's how other clubs work, why don't we? Because we are [Poor language removed].

When we go in for players we should give the agent, player and the club a deadline. If the transfer doesn't happen by that deadline then move onto your other target...
That's how other clubs work, why don't we? Because we are [Poor language removed].

How do you know we don't do that? We're not a club that disclosed our business to the media.

I'm pretty positive we've set deadline for players / agents in the past before moving on... it depends on the transfer on the player.. every deal is different.

This is the worst argument ever for not bringing in the players we clearly need.

We'll have played what, 3/4 games by deadline day.
Then add the time required for the player to gel with the manager, coaches, players and become familiarised with our style of play.

With a mere week to go before the season starts it concerns me that we're still short in a number of key positions.

This is the worst argument ever for not bringing in the players we clearly need.

We'll have played what, 3/4 games by deadline day.
i'm pretty sure we start the season badly nearly every season, and this adds to that.

If we had a settled squad before deadline day we'd likely start off better...

how many points did we miss out on champions league in robertos first season by?

Bringing players after the season starts is never ideal, surely it is beneficial to bring them in as early as possible to gel with the squad in pre season and then have them playing at the seasons start.
We will have a poor start to the season and our run of games isn't going to help.
Our business should have been done by now but sadly our club is run by fools.

A poor start partly due to squad deficiencies before deadline day could easily put us in an uncomfortable position come September.

Yes a season is over 38 games, but with the fixtures we have to face a groggy start and we could easily be near (or at the) bottom.

That has been my concern for weeks.
Watford at home is my only relatively comfortable selection for points, and that itself could be difficult as they'll be buoyant from promotion.

Southampton away certainly isn't a happy hunting ground for us and they're not a shabby squad. City at home? Always worrying.

Spuds away will also potentially be a challenge and our record at White Hard Lane is far from making me optimistic.

I hope I'm wrong; I hope we come out the blocks well and get some positive results and points, yet it looks a challenge.

Even after the window shuts Chelsea at home isn't going to be easy either. A few bad results and we could easily spiral towards the bottom.

It's not really till late September and then November (after Liverpool H, Manure H and Arsenal A) does our run seem more comfortable.

We shouldn't be having to worry about integrating new players and building up form, however I think that'll be the most likely case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back