Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the inevitable centre half joins, this is the best Everton squad we've had for 25 years.

I'm also very confident we'll add a couple to it and I'm certain we'll sign Lennon, however I'd much sign a starting striker to partner Lukaku in a front 2 and play a diamond in midfield like a lot of clubs do now as I believe it suits our players best. I'm not arsed about another winger.

Austin will be going, I'm hoping late in the window we could get him for a decent price as I think he's better than he's given credit for.

As we have done so far: £5m(ish) for two players who are fair bets to step into the starting lineup?

In case it has escaped your notice, the market is currently in silly season. There's not a lot of opportunities for prudent spending when Connor Wickham sells for £9m, Robbie Brady (no, me neither) sells for nearly the same amount and Ashley Williams carries a £25m price tag. We just have to wait for the wave of silly signings to subside.
Connor Wickham could be a great signing at that price if Pardew gets the best out of him.

Another potentially good signing by Palace if it goes through.

Massive signing news!:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/evert...ted-to-aleksander-askilsrud-transfer-5323023/
Everton beat Manchester United to Aleksander Askilsrud transfer
aleksander-askilsrud.jpg

Everton have signed Aleksander Askilsrud (Picture: Twitter)
Everton have signed young midfielder Aleksander Askilsrud from Valerenga, according to reports.

The 14-year-old is rated as one of the top talents in Norway, and was recently linked with Manchester United after being spotted by their scouts.

But Everton have moved in and after bringing in Askilsrud for a trial last month, a deal has now been agreed to bring him to Goodison Park.

The deal was confirmed by Askilsrud’s agent Daniel Lambert on Twitter, who said the player will start in the Toffees’ Under-18 team next term.

Its clear we need a striker to support or fill in for Lukaku. Kone isn't the answer. I dread Lukaku breaking down against Watford leaving us with Kone to lead the line against Southampton, City and Spurs. Just no!

Quick look on his futhead page :-)

A guy from Italy said

"Very good defender in real life . I'm surprised he doesn't play in a team better than Udinese .He played awesome in the match against Inter Milan"

The reply was

"He is one of the best CB in Serie A"

They seem to rate him.

Massive signing news!:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/evert...ted-to-aleksander-askilsrud-transfer-5323023/
Everton beat Manchester United to Aleksander Askilsrud transfer
aleksander-askilsrud.jpg

Everton have signed Aleksander Askilsrud (Picture: Twitter)
Everton have signed young midfielder Aleksander Askilsrud from Valerenga, according to reports.

The 14-year-old is rated as one of the top talents in Norway, and was recently linked with Manchester United after being spotted by their scouts.

But Everton have moved in and after bringing in Askilsrud for a trial last month, a deal has now been agreed to bring him to Goodison Park.

The deal was confirmed by Askilsrud’s agent Daniel Lambert on Twitter, who said the player will start in the Toffees’ Under-18 team next term.
We have our No 10.

I think we need varience mate, a player or two to offer us a different angle of approach or dimension when plan a isnt working. But we dont need much to progress the team, the team will be fine next Saturday. All fit we have a very talented squad, that will progress. Continuity and cohesion are as important as new players. We also have a big squad, it would take something special to improve us, which is a great position to be in.

I wish I could agree but we finished 11th. I'd rather the continuity of that went away.

1 injury to Rom and that's that. You can't expect to do well when you have one proper striker.

Being brutally honest if we're going to challenge with Spurs, the RS and even Southampton for the coveted 5th place trophy we're going to need another good attacking player, a striker and a CB. If we're talking about good players you're looking at £20m easily.

There's a real doubt that the sky riches won't last too and if they don't the teams that are kept in business relying on them will struggle.

The whole of the premier league might be being put at risk with this new sky money.

I know it is rather like stocking up the nuclear bunker with baked beans and blankets, but if football does implode then I hope we have planned sensibly for it.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...oin-race-for-newcastle-target-charlie-austin/

link with Charlie Austin this morning, im not sure that's much of a goer, we could do with another striker, but we really need defenders and wingers, unless the manager plans to play two strikers and two wide men, then just have two holding midfielders and no attacking midfielder. It could work............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back