Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payet, Konoplynka, Ayew, Patrick Bamford, Yohan Cabaye, Danny Ings, Ogbonn etc

Again I said that we could get, not just people you wanted
so you can rule Ogbonna out straight away cos we couldn't get him
Ings would never choose us over the RS
Payet I think people already know I don't rate
Konoplynka has gone to the Europa league champions

Payet, Konoplynka, Ayew, Patrick Bamford, Yohan Cabaye, Danny Ings, Ogbonn etc

He said players we would want, I might be being picky here but you can't include Ogbonna on your list to bulk it out when you don't actually rate him yourself.

That Ogbonna guy sounded awful.

At least I know what we're getting with Johnny Evans and personally I think he's OK. Best CB Utd have at the moment.

Again I said that we could get, not just people you wanted
so you can rule Ogbonna out straight away cos we couldn't get him
Ings would never choose us over the RS
Payet I think people already know I don't rate
Konoplynka has gone to the Europa league champions

We could have gotten Payet though regardless of whether or not you rate him. Unless you're Bobby.

Normally I wouldn't advocate spending a decent wedge + hefty wage on a 28 year old, but a playmaker like him is someone we need. Badly.

What's the point in having a good defence and a top striker, but then no one to pass it to the striker or hold onto the ball in the opposition's half? We're not going to score and the ball's just coming straight back towards that defence.

Whinge whinge, moan moan. It's all 'we' ever do. We laugh at the lot across the park for their wild optimism, but at least it promotes positivity.

I KNOW LADS LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW CRAP KONE IS FOR THE 900TH TIME IN A THREAD THAT ISN'T ABOUT KONE. TOP DISCUSSION LADS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK RIVETING CONVERSATION.
Where did positivity get us last season? The squad is a mess. Yes our first team when all fit is pretty good if Martinez plays two wingers but he doesn't however our depth is a bunch of pensioners who are always crocked.

Just had a quick look at BBC -

Leicester - about to sign Inler after adding 2 players already this week, Sunderland in for Januzaj, even Bournemouth spending 10M on a young striker.....whilst all around goodison not a mouse could be heard!

Everton have reportedly made contact with Italian side Hellas Verona regarding the potential transfer of their Greek star Lazaros Christodoulopoulos.

......."give us a C".

Not quite as good a name as Stelios who used to play for Bolton, and Greeks don't seem to fare that well in the prem, but he's not McGeady or Atsu so I'm in.

We could have gotten Payet though regardless of whether or not you rate him. Unless you're Bobby.

Normally I wouldn't advocate spending a decent wedge + hefty wage on a 28 year old, but a playmaker like him is someone we need. Badly.

What's the point in having a good defence and a top striker, but then no one to pass it to the striker or hold onto the ball in the opposition's half? We're not going to score and the ball's just coming straight back towards that defence.

There are miles better out there then Payet.
A 28 year old who has been round the clubs had one or two good seasons in a below par league, not proven in the prem and because you are desperate for any type of signing "he will do".
A lot of money has been wasted this window and to think we got deulofeu for 4.3million is an absolute bargain.

Just had a quick look at BBC -

Leicester - about to sign Inler after adding 2 players already this week, Sunderland in for Januzaj, even Bournemouth spending 10M on a young striker.....whilst all around goodison not a mouse could be heard!

We don't need Inler, but I get the point.

I was used to us not spending years ago, but now the Prem is so flush with dosh it's embarrassing. Yet we sit on our hands.

That said, we might have the money to spend. Maybe Bobby just thinks saving pennies trumps getting the players you need ASAP, so they can be blooded in time for the season.

??If he gets them into the Group stages then he can be sold, they don't need him any more. They aren't going to get out of the Group so why keep him?

I was thinking they might need to sell if they don't make the CL, in order to make up for the lost CL money. What you said makes sense though.

There are miles better out there then Payet.
A 28 year old who has been round the clubs had one or two good seasons in a below par league, not proven in the prem and because you are desperate for any type of signing "he will do".
A lot of money has been wasted this window and to think we got deulofeu for 4.3million is an absolute bargain.

If we're being honest, you have absolutely no idea how good Payet is. The players out there who are miles better than Payet probably aren't available either, due to them being, as you stated, miles better than Payet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back