Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're being honest, you have absolutely no idea how good Payet is. The players out there who are miles better than Payet probably aren't available either, due to them being, as you stated, miles better than Payet.

Payet might not adjust to the league, who knows? But sometimes you have to take a risk.

I mean Roberto can't claim to being risk-averse. He not only signed Kone, but has continued to put him out onto the pitch.

We could have gotten Payet though regardless of whether or not you rate him. Unless you're Bobby.

Normally I wouldn't advocate spending a decent wedge + hefty wage on a 28 year old, but a playmaker like him is someone we need. Badly.

What's the point in having a good defence and a top striker, but then no one to pass it to the striker or hold onto the ball in the opposition's half? We're not going to score and the ball's just coming straight back towards that defence.
I made this point at the time. While I understand the reason we didn't go for him if he is as good as his reputation in the French League (a lot of people had him as player of the year) and with his rate of assists he might have been worth it. Obviously at the time we didn't know what Martinez's targets were and still don't so it's impossible to judge until we do.

Payet might not adjust to the league, who knows? But sometimes you have to take a risk.

I mean Roberto can't claim to being risk-averse. He not only signed Kone, but has continued to put him out onto the pitch.

Could be talking out my arse here, and probably am, but I think Roberto is incredibly anxious to ensure this playmaker is exactly the right player. If he isn't, we're looking at selling to buy to make up for signing a flop, and he was afforded last season off the good will of the first. I think he knows his job isn't safe if he doesn't get the player his system desperately need. As you say though, no such thing as a sure bet.

Could be talking out my arse here, and probably am, but I think Roberto is incredibly anxious to ensure this playmaker is exactly the right player. If he isn't, we're looking at selling to buy to make up for signing a flop, and he was afforded last season off the good will of the first. I think he knows his job isn't safe if he doesn't get the player his system desperately need. As you say though, no such thing as a sure bet.
Nah think you're probably talking out you're ass.

Same old issues, no money. If he had it it would've been spent by now, instead looks like we've been waiting on the tv money to come through

Can someone come up with a new rumour please? Whatever happened to Rafael Silva from Braga, that could be an exciting transfer saga

If we're being honest, you have absolutely no idea how good Payet is. The players out there who are miles better than Payet probably aren't available either, due to them being, as you stated, miles better than Payet.

If we are being honest my sir you are a bellsniff!!!!

So how do you know he is going to be good then?

Not quite as good a name as Stelios who used to play for Bolton, and Greeks don't seem to fare that well in the prem, but he's not McGeady or Atsu so I'm in.
He's rubbish. He's no better than McGeady or Atsu, in fact probably worse. The guy couldn't even hold down a starting position at Verona who came 13th in Italy a poorer league. What makes you think he would be good enough to start for us? He would be another total waste of wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back