Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ half our support can't even get their head round the spelling for Deulofeu, wonder how long this one would take.
I'd be back in the car listening to the after match moan in on radio merseyside before the lower gladwys got a grip of that one. Being from the Wirral, I'd have it nailed in no time at all.

Could be talking out my arse here, and probably am, but I think Roberto is incredibly anxious to ensure this playmaker is exactly the right player. If he isn't, we're looking at selling to buy to make up for signing a flop, and he was afforded last season off the good will of the first. I think he knows his job isn't safe if he doesn't get the player his system desperately need. As you say though, no such thing as a sure bet.

But we're in serious danger of having a horrid first 3 games, then going into the rest of our brutal fixture list, it'd have to be one hell of a signing to lift us up enough to stop a serious bad run of form.

It's all getting very hypothetical I guess, but I think the repetitive crap of last season gives blues more than enough reason to be fearful.

Bobby loves deadline day for deals. Remember we got Rom on loan and signed McCarthy on deadline day in his first season. How boss was that?

I like to think that Bobby does it deliberately in the hopes of giving Jim White a heart attack when his Window Closing masturbatory frenzy goes into overdrive and his voice becomes only audible to Dogs.

But we're in serious danger of having a horrid first 3 games, then going into the rest of our brutal fixture list, it'd have to be one hell of a signing to lift us up enough to stop a serious bad run of form.

It's all getting very hypothetical I guess, but I think the repetitive crap of last season gives blues more than enough reason to be fearful.
Exactly. If we don't get at least 4 points out of these first 2 games we will almost certainly be bottom after 10 games, probably by a few points. Yes it will turn around after that but that's an awful lot of pressure to put us under.

Exactly. If we don't get at least 4 points out of these first 2 games we will almost certainly be bottom after 10 games, probably by a few points. Yes it will turn around after that but that's an awful lot of pressure to put us under.

I think we will surprise a few people actually.

We need one desperately like, but he seems to think that we're OK to wait to a few games in which is definitely dangerous. We should have got more business done earlier, I really don't think it needed until the end of pre season for him to realise that Kone offers nothing, and we're not creative enough, but at least the penny has dropped.

Where did positivity get us last season? The squad is a mess. Yes our first team when all fit is pretty good if Martinez plays two wingers but he doesn't however our depth is a bunch of pensioners who are always crocked.
Let's be negative then and boo every time one of the players make a mistake. That's definitely going to help.

Say what you want about Liverpool, but when the team are playing badly and the Kop starts to belt out You'll Never Walk Alone, it gives the players a real lift. I wish we had that.

He's rubbish. He's no better than McGeady or Atsu, in fact probably worse. The guy couldn't even hold down a starting position at Verona who came 13th in Italy a poorer league. What makes you think he would be good enough to start for us? He would be another total waste of wages.
I can never quite get this poorer league thing,sadly when on the occasions in European competitions when we come up against these teams from poorer leagues we don't seem to get to the later stages

We need one desperately like, but he seems to think that we're OK to wait to a few games in which is definitely dangerous. We should have got more business done earlier, I really don't think it needed until the end of pre season for him to realise that Kone offers nothing, and we're not creative enough, but at least the penny has dropped.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that the penny probably hasn't just dropped, but rather he's only just come out and acknowledged it publicly, to try and fight the tide of pure fume.

He's rubbish. He's no better than McGeady or Atsu, in fact probably worse. The guy couldn't even hold down a starting position at Verona who came 13th in Italy a poorer league. What makes you think he would be good enough to start for us? He would be another total waste of wages.
I can never quite get this poorer league thing,sadly when on the occasions in European competitions when we come up against these teams from poorer leagues we don't seem to get to the later stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back