Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton offer trial to highly-rated River Plate midfielder Tomas Andrade
SIMON JONES: Everton are taking a look at River Plate midfielder Tomas Andrade.

Sportsmail revealed talks were ongoing last month and the 19-year-old has arrived to train with Everton ahead of a prospective move from the Argentine club.

Andrade is a left-footed playmaker, who models his game on former Villarreal and Argentina midfielder Joan Riquelme.

A former star of the World U17 Championships, he has been watched by Barcelona and Atletico Madrid but Everton hope to beat off competition should he continue to impress.

Riquelme part II

I think the fans are willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the end of the window and the year to here about the stadium since planning permission was scheduled by then. If however nothing changes then things could turn sour very quickly especially if the on field performances aren't great.
Could it though? It has been like listening to a repeat record for the past 16 years.

Everton offer trial to highly-rated River Plate midfielder Tomas Andrade
SIMON JONES:
Everton are taking a look at River Plate midfielder Tomas Andrade.

Sportsmail revealed talks were ongoing last month and the 19-year-old has arrived to train with Everton ahead of a prospective move from the Argentine club.

Andrade is a left-footed playmaker, who models his game on former Villarreal and Argentina midfielder Joan Riquelme.

A former star of the World U17 Championships, he has been watched by Barcelona and Atletico Madrid but Everton hope to beat off competition should he continue to impress.

...skilful left footer from You Tube clip.

Someone posted this -- https://defendingwiththeball.wordpr...cal-analysis-of-sergi-robertos-style-of-play/ -- and after reading it I'm as convinced as a person can be from just piecing incomplete information together and making wild assumptions that he is Martinez's main target. Sergi sounds like the player Martinez described when he was describing why Nolito wasn't the right fit. It's likely an uphill battle though of course but that's what I like about RM is he's willing to try for the moon. So that's my official NITK guesstimate. Vault me! I'M INVINCIBLE!
I hope you are wrong and he's not Martinez's main target because if he is we have a major problem.

He has played practically every minute of pre-season for them and been one of their best players and covers a multitude of positions including now right back which is a big weakness of their's.

There's absolutely no chance we will get him before January and even then it would be unlikely. If he was our main target it's time to go to our plan B, hopefully we have one.

btw - It looks like Pep was right when he said Roberto is so good he can play anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back