Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably jarg but still interesting. My guess would be Barry.

Huh. He's just some random guy with absolutely no connection to footballing world etc.

Which actually makes me believe it more as it's not like he's trying to look cool by making stuff up. And Martinez has tried McCarthy as the sole holding mid a few times in preseason...

Unfortunately Harrys health was starting to go down the pan at that stage whats Robertos excuse ? At least Bernie had something to offer in comic value maybe thats where Kone went wrong he should of arrived for his signing in a donkey jacket.
The only excuse i can think of for Martinez signing Kone and Alcaraz is him needing to bring a comfort blanket with him from Wigan. Despite the confident exterior he was actually worried about the challenge ahead - just got in what he thought would be safe bets.

I think the worry is that he said he had targets identified a while back. If they were identified, why haven't we moved before the season to get them integrated?

If we're waiting for financial reasons then fair enough. I just fear we've missed out on a few of our targets and we're now scrambling to try and find proper replacements.

Depends on the target though, for example let's say Van Dijk is one of them. Martinez has known he would have to wait until Celtic's future is decided. It's like Lennon too, if we are in for him then it makes sense to wait until the end of the window. There isn't nothing happening, Martinez said on Sunday after the match that he knows he wants 3 positions in. He has used pre-season to help identify the weaknesses.

I'll fume as much as anyone if we don't get the right players in come September third, but lets just make Judgement day be after the window has shut, not before.

Huh. He's just some random guy with absolutely no connection to footballing world etc.

Which actually makes me believe it more as it's not like he's trying to look cool by making stuff up. And Martinez has tried McCarthy as the sole holding mid a few times in preseason...
It's complete horse excrement

The only excuse i can think of for Martinez signing Kone and Alcaraz is him needing to bring a comfort blanket with him from Wigan. Despite the confident exterior he was actually worried about the challenge ahead - just got in what he thought would be safe bets.
I have always thought the £6 million for Kone was some sort of sweetener for to Whelan for taking there manager . Personally I would prefer if we had left the pair of them with the pie eaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back