Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed it fill,s an empty news cycle. An old playbook but a means to an end.
Club happy as they can increase the transfer sale value price of the players.
Players happy as they get more dough.
Manager hung out to dry as it detracts from the real issues of the thin squad - still he signed his multi-million pound contract
As said earlier: Moyes nailed it when he left with that jibe at the board of directors. Martinez most definitely is learning how Everton do business now.

We're not in for lennon he plays on the right and we have Deloufeu and Mcgeady who isnt leaving.

On Shaqiri it's interesting that the news article last month said we were approaching his former clubs asking about his character which I found weird at the time, maybe RM has been weighing this up if those Italian stories are to be believed which is why maybe Schalke have pulled out knowing he might want a move to the prem.

All what ifs obviously but you never know he fits the Martinez type signing of young and being let go off by a top side (Lukaku, Deloufeu, Cleverly, Atsu)

We're not in the lennon he plays on the right and we have Deloufeu and Mcgeady who isnt leaving.

On Shaqiri it's interesting that the news article last month said we were approaching his former clubs asking about his character which I found weird at the time, maybe RM has been weighing this up if those Italian stories are to be believed which is why maybe Schalke have pulled out knowing he might want a move to the prem.

All what ifs obviously but you never know he fits the Martinez type signing of young and being let go off by a top side (Lukaku, Deloufeu, Cleverly, Atsu)
Tbh don't think Shaqiri wants to move to the UK, he's reported turned down Liverpool in the oast and Stoke this window. He also talked positively about Shalke, just appeared the clubs couldn't agree a fee.

I've got to question whether a lot of our targets are for fringe players e.g Evans and Shaqiri, for United this very well could be there last chance to sell Evans or he'll walk for nothing at the end of his contract like Cleverly. As for Shaqiri, it's pretty clear he'll go and they've signed Jovetic recently as well, they'll be wanting to clear him to free up the coin so the longer the window drags the less they'll be demanding.

Just a theory.

Inter really want rid. Wait til deadline day and bring him in on loan for the season.

*taps nose...

That to be fair is a very very good idea....................providing he would want to come and no one steps in.

But do Inter not want the money from the transfer?

That to be fair is a very very good idea....................providing he would want to come and no one steps in.

But do Inter not want the money from the transfer?

I'm sure they would rather have a couple of million in a loan fee and his wages off the books then nothing if it came down to deadline day

Would welcome Lennon but that signing lacks the thrill that fans so many times crave...me included. We musnt forget though that he's boss player. And already knows our s***. Lets not pretend that that wouldnt be valuable factor.

Tbh don't think Shaqiri wants to move to the UK, he's reported turned down Liverpool in the oast and Stoke this window. He also talked positively about Shalke, just appeared the clubs couldn't agree a fee.

I think he would relish a move to the prem imo it's obvious he's leaving inter and the media report the kopites are after every player and Stoke are hardly a big pull for players.

The only reason I can't see It happening is that he's typically more of a winger, although I think if he could play more central he's physically capable of holding his own in England.

Like I say I personally can't see it myself but it is weird how we have been linked for well over a month.

If we were ever going to sign Shaqiri you have to feel we would have simply met Stoke's 12 million bid which was accepted. The fact that we didn't meet what would probably be considered a reasonable valuation for the player should tell you that we were never interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back