Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the accepted line is that the £15m being quoted is off putting for most, especially with his patchy medical record.
I know Stones is a good footballer - especially for someone at the back.
But why he should be worth 35 million and Austin less than 15?
One offers potential. The other offers goals.

We need Lennon as our wingers are too injury prone and we can't afford to have this 1 winger system persist as it's just not working.

Pienaar is finished and should have been offered around the MLS on a free soon as July 1st open. Mcgeady has issues with fitness and Mirallas and Deloufeu will always be liable for hamstring injuries due to their sprinting.

Lennon is a must imo as a squad player, look at next week most likely all our wingers will be out ffs

Its quite clear Martinez is going for a loan of Shaqiri precisely so he can spend money on a forward...

Note that he has changed stance from not needing a forward to naming that as a key position to strengthen.

It seems clear (at least to me) that hes seen how poor Naismith and Kone have been in preseason and now wants top competition for Lukaku.

He may well make another Traore type loan if things dont go our way with Shaqiri loan and Austin signing but hes not going to be signing a backup...hes going to sign clear competition for Lukaku.
You might be right but I hope it's not the reason causing the delay.

We need Lennon as our wingers are too injury prone and we can't afford to have this 1 winger system persist as it's just not working.

Pienaar is finished and should have been offered around the MLS on a free soon as July 1st open. Mcgeady has issues with fitness and Mirallas and Deloufeu will always be liable for hamstring injuries due to their sprinting.

Lennon is a must imo as a squad player, look at next week most likely all our wingers will be out ffs

Agree. I've not been too arsed about Lennon but for the reasons you state we should just get it sorted.

Anyone who still thinks we can do without defensive reinforcements (so we can get an AM and a CF) must be insane. We were garbage at the back today, we have no cover in any of the four positions currently, and we played Gas Bad at full back.

Still not more important than a No 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back