Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've paid 28m for a striker and don't play to his strengths. I know he missed a sitter yesterday, but on the whole he has to come deep or hold it up both of which he isn't great at.

We need players that can come in and get him running on to balls.

We need new signings but also a change of system/tempo. We are basically too one dimensional until the last 20 mins and chase the game.
?? he wasn't even in the area when we were putting the crosses in. half the time he was either coming short for ball when the rest of the team we're hitting them long for him to run onto, or he was just standing the waiting for the ball tobe passed to him ( very easy for the 2-3 Watford players moving around him to pick off)

He just looks completely out of synch with what the rest of the team are trying to do and totally half arsed when it came to either attacking the ball in the box or bothering to move to receive the ball.

just like last season it looks like he needs a kick up the arse again. Hopefully a bit of life out of Kone and a new decent striker to push for his place might spark him into life.

I'm still really unsure on Martinez. We have players that should be able to play a decent style of football and get results. Yet for the past year in the league we have looked clueless.

Who on here realisticly thinks we will sign player/players to be in the squad for the Southampton game?

I don't, will be the same squad and pretty much same time as yesterday.

I envisage a Traore style signing in the last few days, possibly even deadline day. And that's it.

As others have mentioned he hasnt got the players to compliment his system / style.

Only 4 of his signings make the first 11 and one is barry + deulofeu was injured.

He needs this and next summer to sign 4 more players.

As others have mentioned he hasnt got the players to compliment his system / style.

Only 4 of his signings make the first 11 and one is barry + deulofeu was injured.

He needs this and next summer to sign 4 more players.
If we have 4 more players like Barry we are screwed

?? he wasn't even in the area when we were putting the crosses in. half the time he was either coming short for ball when the rest of the team we're hitting them long for him to run onto, or he was just standing the waiting for the ball tobe passed to him ( very easy for the 2-3 Watford players moving around him to pick off)

He just looks completely out of synch with what the rest of the team are trying to do and totally half arsed when it came to either attacking the ball in the box or bothering to move to receive the ball.

just like last season it looks like he needs a kick up the arse again. Hopefully a bit of life out of Kone and a new decent striker to push for his place might spark him into life.
Maybe they don't have confidence in the tactics anymore.

Thought that was a big problem yesterday,some fans moaning we keep possession too much.Yet Lukaku is screaming for the early long ball , when played that way he was out muscled by Prodl & Cathcart. Even when the ball did drop for him its like he's tryin to trap a beachball,then we lose it ....Seriously needs to up his game.

Seems more of a winger to me as well...however plays for seiss as an acm.

Would be a good signing as after Mirallas and deulofeu we dont have any quality on the wings anyway.

Byram is a strange one to me as hes not been picked up by anyone and what i find odd is that he hasnt got any england youth caps.

Surely he should have u21 caps by now?

I like Shaqiri but he's a winger not a central attacking mid.
The real concern for me has become Coleman. I hope we revive our interest in Sam Byram.

Knee jerk reactions to Martinez's job security shouldn't be made after one game of the season in which one half of it was actually a decent performance against a prospect that can only happen to three teams a season in facing the high on confidence and eager newly promoted team.

If yesterday's game affects your views on the managers job then I don't think footballs for you, or failing that Everton isn't the team for you.

He's had one bad season and one good season, if we're in the same position as we were going into 2015 in 2016 then I wouldn't blame people for questioning whether it's time for him to go. But Jesus Christ after one home draw you can't seriously be wanting him out? You've got to have some sort of consistency and we need to give him time to show us which of his previous two seasons as Everton boss was a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back