Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go
I'm not sure how much either matters. Would Deulofeu and Besic get in ahead of Mirallas and Barry? I doubt it.
I've got a feeling mirallas could be out next week so we will need deulofeu to come in,besic has to be given a chance next week IMHO as McCarthys form has been affected by barrys performances,that axis has to be broken up.

Me too. I don't think Cleverly works on the left. I thought it would and he was decent enough especially considering he had Galloway and not Baines to work with but now it looks like Baines is out for a while so we need a proper winger there and not someone who will link up with the fullback.

Shaqiri, Lennon and a striker and CB and that would be me happy. Unfortunately we know we are only after 3 players.

Disagree mate. Oviedo on the left with Cleverley can work in a Baines/Pienaar way.

surely then he wouldn't have been central attacking mid for all the teams he's played for and Internationally if he was a winger?
or does FIFA have him down as a winger erroneously or something?

Obviously you're just desperate to sign him. Has played on the wing a sh!t load... And been effective there too. Not a classic #10 by any means.

Was thinking about Austin and Blue Union fiasco. Could these be betting company agents who 'leaks' infos to certain people who then pass it on and bets flow in. I still find it hard to comprehend that BU would risk their reputation just when they started to look slightly different.

Obviously you're just desperate to sign him. Has played on the wing a sh!t load... And been effective there too. Not a classic #10 by any means.
in what way does my pointing out your factual inaccuracy mean I am 'desperate to sign him'?

we need a number 10, he is a very good number 10. There are other number 10's available (Juan Quintero would be my choice), but it wouldn't be the world's worst signing. Nobody would have thought we'd end up with a player of his class at the start of the window.

Who would you like to see us realistically sign as our new number 10? and why do you think he'd be better that Shaquiri?

Yes, spot on. Easier said than done though when the carpetbaggers only hand you a war chest of £4M.

You don't know this tho Dave. Whilst not a massive advocate of our current board, there's nothing to suggest Martinez has not been able to bring in players as he's cash strung by the board.

It would be irresponsible of both board and manager to go out and pay over the odds on players (like Lennon I imagine) who will be several million cheaper come end of the month.

I imagine our targets are players not nessasarily for sale so the cat and mouse game will be played until the final hours.

Granted that may suit our board whilst waiting for incoming monies but I don't believe it's stopping any deals being done now as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back