Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know this tho Dave. Whilst not a massive advocate of our current board, there's nothing to suggest Martinez has not been able to bring in players as he's cash strung by the board.

It would be irresponsible of both board and manager to go out and pay over the odds on players (like Lennon I imagine) who will be several million cheaper come end of the month.

I imagine our targets are players not nessasarily for sale so the cat and mouse game will be played until the final hours.

Granted that may suit our board whilst waiting for incoming monies but I don't believe it's stopping any deals being done now as such.
...doesn't seem to have stopped other teams signing players.

Of course, they all had the £35M tv cash to spend, whilst Everton are the only ones who dont.

That'll explain it.

Disagree mate. Oviedo on the left with Cleverley can work in a Baines/Pienaar way.
Oviedo still doesn't look anywhere close to full fitness and even when he does regain that he's been out for 18 months. I think we need a plan B and it's not Galloway and Cleverly.

Go
I've got a feeling mirallas could be out next week so we will need deulofeu to come in,besic has to be given a chance next week IMHO as McCarthys form has been affected by barrys performances,that axis has to be broken up.

how can a team have all 4 wingers injured at the same time? everton hey.

it's the reason why i think oviedo didn't start LB - because that would have meant we had no wingers on the bench.

I like Shaqiri but he's a winger not a central attacking mid.
The real concern for me has become Coleman. I hope we revive our interest in Sam Byram.
Shaqiri started 11 games at Inter since joining in January, 9 of those he started behind the striker as a central attacking midfielder. (According to WhoScored). He can play on either wing or behind the striker which personally I think is really good because that means he can play next to Barkley if we want to start them both together and he's left footed, we do lack someone who can perform on the left wing.

in what way does my pointing out your factual inaccuracy mean I am 'desperate to sign him'?

we need a number 10, he is a very good number 10. There are other number 10's available (Juan Quintero would be my choice), but it wouldn't be the world's worst signing. Nobody would have thought we'd end up with a player of his class at the start of the window.

Who would you like to see us realistically sign as our new number 10? and why do you think he'd be better that Shaquiri?

I'd suggest you use the search function. I've been banging on about Quintero on this very forum for two years. Do it.
There are others as well. Nobody disagrees we desperately need a number 10, I just don't think Shaqiri is the right fit. Yarmolenko and others like him on the other hand...

Shaqiri started 11 games at Inter since joining in January, 9 of those he started behind the striker as a central attacking midfielder. (According to WhoScored). He can play on either wing or behind the striker which personally I think is really good because that means he can play next to Barkley if we want to start them both together and he's left footed, we do lack someone who can perform on the left wing.

Next to each other? As in Barkley as the 10? SMH.

Lets park his Inter career, there's a reason they are happy to see him go. Out of curiosity, has he ever scored for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back