Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any striker coming in is going to have to settle for the odd 10 minutes here and there or a game against Bury in the League Cup. Lukaku will start on his own whenever he is fit.

It's not an attractive proposition for many to take that backup role. We certainly can't expect someone who isn't playing to suddenly start banging in the goals should Lukaku get injured.

If we get another forward, it'll be someone crap (see the current incumbent) or a promising youngster on loan (who won't play)

I disagree, I won't believe that a football club like ours is incapable of finding a half decent striker for 5/6m (what we paid for Kone) in world football who can impact games when needed and lead the line when Lukaku is out.

Don't know Michael that's all I got, but his second bid was 26 million, personally and thats just my opinion you are looking at 30 million plus add ons. For a defender I think that's big money, your thoughts?

I don't want him to go. But 30mil is way too low

Iv noticed since southampton now dont have any players the top clubs are after the rumour mill has turned to our players.
A month ago when sneiderlin & clyne were still at saints it was all over that they were leaving.
We got abit of a letting off from the media last year as southampton were selling all there good young players but now they have none left they have crawled to another club that they need to put back in there box, how dare we have players other teams want

Watching them just ignore how wrong they were when we keep all our players will be satisfying.

I disagree, I won't believe that a football club like ours is incapable of finding a half decent striker for 5/6m (what we paid for Kone) in world football who can impact games when needed and lead the line when Lukaku is out.

I disagree to an extent - there surely are players out there better than Kone. But my fundamental point is that good strikers aren't going to want to come to a mid-table club to sit on the bench. If they do then wind up playing they can't be expected to come in and score goals.

Anyone who scores goals will cost money. Unless we find another gem, but then we're competing with every other club looking for the same thing.

Personally, I think we should play two forwards and spend the money to sign Charlie Austin - but that isn't going to happen

I didn't say someone of his quality but we need a striker who is capable of stepping in and scoring goals.

Relying on as you say Barkley if Lukaku got injured is just absurd, you're talking about playing him out of position and then expecting a player who has 8 goals in 76 apps to keep us going.

That's just asking for trouble.

I wasn't trying to suggest you wanted someone of Lukaku's quality, I was just trying to say that you wont even get close to a decent striker for the money we are willing to spend, hence I thought it might be more effective to get a good winger/AM who can also fill in there, rather than an out and out striker....I know its absurd to have Barkley as our backup, I was just saying currently I think he is our best backup.

Getting desperate now, wheeling the players out now

We must be giving them a firm no, for the likes of Cahill to be commenting on it in the media
Surely if anything it just pushes the fee up...Makes no sense

Hey does anyone know if John Stones is about to change his agent as it seems that his existing agent is giving John advice to give him a big pay day before he gets moved on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back