Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a Beardsley/Rooney/Barmby position player, if you get me.

Probably a number 45 or something - 'in the hole' was some crap term used too, wasn't it?

Attacking creative midfielder to us normal folk.

NASCAR_10_Glitter.gif

Someone point out to him that if he knew his history then he'd know Evertonians grow up wanting to be number 9s.

I doubt it will make much different to the tedium you'll receive in return but it's worth a go.

And pretty sure most Utd fans would say similar about #7. Best, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo. Probably more.

Ok mate.

The point is, it is a recent thing to label a position on the field as the "Number 10" role. Except you in 1986.
It's not. The terms attacking, defensive, holding midfielder are the recent terms because we now don't use a numbering system that goes from 1-11.

It used to just be midfielder and you would know if he was attacking or not by the number he wore.

A playmaker could be sat deeper or more central lid.

Attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder have worked perfectly fine for many years.

I'm not letting the FIFA playing beauts and our own manager make us speak like them.

Indeed, and they'd be a deep lying playmaker.

I think with respect to us, it's safe to say playmaker given the McCarthy-Barry axis of evil is seldom changed.

I hate this trend of "number 10" and whatever. Don't get me started on false 9's or whatever the hell that is.

What's wrong with "attacking mid"? Or even "midfielder"?

Either way, we could do with one lol
Beauts like Rodgers and Martinez are to blame.

If we were to sign someone from Porto at the 1 in 1000000000 chance that the jarg rumour is true, then Bruno Martins Indi would be boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back