Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 days left in the window - let that sink in.

Oh who isn't a good signing? Stoke, Southampton, West Ham ... all of them are constantly making great signings. It's almost as if you throw a rock and you'll find an amazing player for 5-10m.

I'm frustrated we haven't signed anyone else (on the senior level) but it also simply cannot be that all these players are as good as people make out. And if there are SO many greats then why do we care about missing out? Just sign the next one. For less because everyone already got their great player.

Perfect post.

20 days left in the window - let that sink in.

Oh who isn't a good signing? Stoke, Southampton, West Ham ... all of them are constantly making great signings. It's almost as if you throw a rock and you'll find an amazing player for 5-10m.

I'm frustrated we haven't signed anyone else (on the senior level) but it also simply cannot be that all these players are as good as people make out. And if there are SO many greats then why do we care about missing out? Just sign the next one. For less because everyone already got their great player.
The season started 4 days ago, let that sink in.

I'm only stating that I think he will be a good signing for 'them'. We are well covered for his position.

...cheers, Maccavennie. It was Mark Lawrenson a few years ago who said Moyes had told him about a youngster at Barnsley called Stones so I knew he could be special. Encouraging for me is that RM also wanted him at Wigan which is a sign that he too can identify talent. Let's hope we get Holgate in and that he's a future first teamer.

Agreed eggs, Martinez has a few flaws and one aimed at him is he just goes for players he's worked with but fair play he spotted Stones' potential, just Moyes got in there sharpish and beat him to it.

Building for the future is great and all but the priority is the immediate task at hand, namely this season. We are woefully short in a few areas.

I wish we didn't have to resort to deadline day brinksmanship to try to blag some loans or buy someone on installments.

I can't help feeling there's a two year or however many year plan in place. As much as I want to fume at the board, I'll sit back and wait until I'm probably proved wrong. [Poor language removed] Stoke, West Ham we're bigger than them and always will be. We'll see see them fall flat on their faces long before us.

I can't help feeling there's a two year or however many year plan in place. As much as I want to fume at the board, I'll sit back and wait until I'm probably proved wrong. [Poor language removed] Stoke, West Ham we're bigger than them and always will be. We'll see see them fall flat on their faces long before us.
Thats damn right mate

I fully agree with what you are saying, players he has either given a chance to, or signed include:

Besic
Barkley
Lukaku
Deulofeu
Stones
Garbutt
Galloway
Browning
McAleny
Joel
McCarthy

However, these must be supplemented with players of the correct age. Old players include:

Kone
Barry
Howard
Jags
Baines
Pienaar
Osman

Therefore, we are only left with a middle group of:

McGeady
Mirallas
Oviedo
Coleman
Naismith
Gibson

And Gibson is always injured, Oviedo has had injury troubles, Mirallas is in and out of injury, Naismith isn't good enough. So we don't really have too much in this department. We need a loan or two from this group to get us through to seeing a fully developed first group.
Three senior-ready players to come in. One bought, two loans - or the other way round - feels about right.

At which point we will have outspent Bristol City - panic averted. Just to confirm, Bristol City formerly of League 1 have currently outspent Everton, one of the founding members of the Premier league ! Food for thought !

It's not about the amount spent, it's about the quality the money spent acquires.
Bristol City may well spent a lot more than Everton currently/may end up spending this window, but if you seriously think they would beat us once in ten chances, then with respect, you need help.

It's not about the amount spent, it's about the quality the money spent acquires.
Bristol City may well spent a lot more than Everton currently/may end up spending this window, but if you seriously think they would beat us once in ten chances, then with respect, you need help.

I am reasonably confident that Bristol City have not beaten Everton in the last 10 matches we have played them. Going back to the late 70's/early 80's.

They might have done in about 1909 though.

Reckon the best time to consider what we have spent is actually at the end of the window.

Outsourced my fuming to India mate - its about 40% cheaper and saves my stressing for family and work. They have promised to fume within 5 minutes of someone else signing a continental or championship player and reach fume-con 4 within 2 hours if there is no club statement. They also offered a free hamstring fume on Saturdays but only for home games. expect to see my posts being delivered by 'allan' in Chennai going forward. He knows a lot about EFC and has read a book on Scouse etiquette.

PMSL, quality post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back