Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% sure the clause in is contract is there so that Yarmolenko can discuss it with the president then come to a decision, rather than a full release or buyout.

Never seen one like that before but it makes sense with whats happened/happening and provides a real obstacle for us. Can't see their owner considering us a massive step up from Dynamo so it's down to us to smooth talk it.

I think he was led to believe it was a release clause when in fact it was only a clause to say the owner had to inform him and think about it.

Maybe we are not a massive step up but the fact that we have a European reputation and some of the brightest young talents in world football (Stones, Barkley & Lukaku) may make him think we are big enough. Apparently he would have no problem selling to Spurs and we are on the same level so its up to Bill and Roberto to sell Everton and someone once said 'there's no better person to sell Everton than Bill Knewright' (or words to that effect).

I just think we are getting all excited and we have only completed the easy part.

tbf lots of other clubs have problems as well - United were quick with Depay but so slow on Pedro that they lost out to Chelsea. Chelsea themselves are usually quite fast but they took over a month to get Rahman over the line (even though they were down to only two fullbacks) and the Stones pursuit is turning into a saga. Shaqiri eventually went to Stoke but that wasn't quick.

We'll be fast on some, like Deulofeu, and slow on others.

You're quite right.

Except for the fact it's this late in the window.

I would fully expect negotiations to take some time like as you referenced, Deulofeu. I know Everton like to save on wages but stripping a team of their best player will cost more the later you get into the window so it seems odd to me if nothing else.

I think he was led to believe it was a release clause when in fact it was only a clause to say the owner had to inform him and think about it.

Maybe we are not a massive step up but the fact that we have a European reputation and some of the brightest young talents in world football (Stones, Barkley & Lukaku) may make him think we are big enough. Apparently he would have no problem selling to Spurs and we are on the same level so its up to Bill and Roberto to sell Everton and someone once said 'there's no better person to sell Everton than Bill Knewright' (or words to that effect).

I just think we are getting all excited and we have only completed the easy part.
Yeah that's the one. Yeah we're a step up from Stoke but it seems like the owner wants a real top team for him but at the moment it looks like there's noone else better in for him so here's hoping.

looking at how many times the Mirror article -which essentially just copying the entire Echo piece - has been linked to and no doubt clicked on in the past half hour, you can understand why newspapers, a largely dying industry, resort to running with such nonsense on the sports pages. twitter is even less edifying when there's a hint of something actually happening, because then everyone just links the exact same story/gifs

Haha aye - not like me, but I really like the player. Never thought it was a remote possibility before now.

After missing out on Tadic last year mate, i promised i wouldn't get my hopes up but their ten times worse now as Yarmolenko is the one player i hoped we'd sign...

You're quite right.

Except for the fact it's this late in the window.

I would fully expect negotiations to take some time like as you referenced, Deulofeu. I know Everton like to save on wages but stripping a team of their best player will cost more the later you get into the window so it seems odd to me if nothing else.
Usually but in this case it seems that there is more to it than money - think the owner wanted a CL club to come in and was holding out for it for status reasons. Could well be possible we had to wait this long to even bring them to the negotiating table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back