Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have deemed Bernard unsuitable for the PL as he lacks the height, physicality and mental strength to cut it in this league. But then again you've had the likes of Coutinho and Cazorla who are of similar stature but mentally I believe they proved it before coming to the PL that they had what it takes. I don't believe being short in height can be as big an obstacle in this league than not having the mentality and right attitude can be.
I've read his attitude being questioned at Shaktar but can only judge him if I see him more which I haven't done much.
just reading up on this now and accusation seems to be that he just went to Shaktar for the cash. That is what some of our media would probably call ambition, but even so it could be spin from Shaktar cos he isnt settling. Ukraine can't be easiest of leagues to settle in if fans don't take to you. Anyway if he is more interested in paydays then we are clearly out of the question. I would say if all logic failed and he ended up here that side of his attitude is almost certainly not a problem.

just reading up on this now and accusation seems to be that he just went to Shaktar for the cash. That is what some of our media would probably call ambition, but even so it could be spin from Shaktar cos he isnt settling. Ukraine can't be easiest of leagues to settle in if fans don't take to you. Anyway if he is more interested in paydays then we are clearly out of the question. I would say if all logic failed and he ended up here that side of his attitude is almost certainly not a problem.

I'd like to know how much wage he's on then there. I agree if he takes a pay cut then that speaks volumes about his mentality and what media might not mention as 'ambition' here. Some deadline day we're in for. I think we'll get Mori, Lennon on loan again and one more playmaker. I doubt it'll be either Bernard or Yarmolenko.

Has there been any rumours of any outgoings? apart from Stones obviously.

Not yet but I expect some late interest in Mcgeady or Gibson. Teams like Bournemouth or Sunderland might take them. We need to get these two off the wage list. Too many numbers in midfield and we're still looking for more so need to ship some out.

I'd like to know how much wage he's on then there. I agree if he takes a pay cut then that speaks volumes about his mentality and what media might not mention as 'ambition' here. Some deadline day we're in for. I think we'll get Mori, Lennon on loan again and one more playmaker. I doubt it'll be either Bernard or Yarmolenko.
yeah Lennon, Mori and a playmaker would have been fine for me. Sadly talk of Yarmelenko will mean people are going to end up dissatisfied. Any playmaker better than Osman will be fine for now.

Not yet but I expect some late interest in Mcgeady or Gibson. Teams like Bournemouth or Sunderland might take them. We need to get these two off the wage list. Too many numbers in midfield and we're still looking for more so need to ship some out.

Can't see much interest in Gibson given his drink driving charge and his general fitness issues. Waste of a talented player.

ROMA sporting director Walter Sabatini has reportedly flown to London to offload Juan Iturbe on a Premier League club.

Iturbe, 22, is free to leave Roma this summer after the club signed Mohamed Salah from Chelsea earlier this month.

Sabatini will hold talks with both Everton and West Ham counterparts in the capital as he seeks the best deal for the Serie A club, claim Gazzetta dello Sport.

Italian sides Fiorentina and Genoa are also believed to be keen on Iturbe.

The winger, who can also play up front, joined Roma from Verona in 2014, having previously played for Porto.

The Argentine, who earned one cap for Paraguay before switching international allegiances, made 37 appearances for Roma last season and scored four goals.

Gazetta claim West Ham see Iturbe - once a transfer target of Arsenal and Liverpool - as their second priority as they zone in on signing Simone Zaza on loan from Juventus.

Which leaves Evertons as favourites to secure Iturbe's signature, with the Toffees reportedly preparing a £13.1million bid.

Manager Roberto Martinez has already said he wants to make three more signings before deadline day, with Dynamo Kiev forward Andriy Yarmolenko and Shakhtar Donetsk's Bernard in the pipeline to follow defender Ramiro Funes Mori to the club.

Roma, however, are said to be holding out for £14.6m for Iturbe as they seek to recoup most of what they paid Verona for the player just last summer.

Meh. Slow news day. Anyone watched Iturbe at Roma? Is he Iturbo gash?

Another beauty from the media:

Bernard, Shakhtar Donetsk.

Shakhtar's chairman, Sergei Palkin, has admitted that he's aware of "serious interest" from Everton for Bernard - but it currently refusing to comment on the situation.

Everton turned their attentions to Bernard after deciding against pursuing a deal for Andriy Yarmolenko.

Sergei Palkin was quoted as saying: "I cannot comment on this information. At the moment, I have not heard about a serious interest in Bernard from Everton".

read somewhere he is on 300.000 euro a month out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back