Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're suggesting our scouting is fine based on signing players who we already knew about from this league or players who we know very little about. Hmmm.

And no, stating an opinion is not a moan.
Scouts get paid to go to other countries to watch players play football and report back to the manager, just because you've never heard of him or seen him play doesn't mean Everton don't know much about him!!

Whenever I see them I always think to myself,"at least we're not them"lol

Never a truer word said Dario. I just think "wtf,your having breakfast at like 8.30 in the morning and the game doesn't kick off for another 6 and a half hours and your sitting there like a 4 year old kid asking his dad to get up 12 hours early for your first ever game and in full kit wagner mode"

There's something deeply wrong about the majority of them mate, they wear that stuff like a badge of honour, as if they should be proud to be associated with that club.

Scruffs mate, the lot of em. I even say to the missus "shut up you Kopite scruff" when she's jabbering on about them ;)

we've had a very poor window, let's get that straight.

Not only have we been vastly outspent in the transfer market (yes it is about who you get and not how much you pay for them... but)

we also have not added to the squad enough to provide the proper competition and squad depth to try and fight for 4th place, we have not addressed the main issue of last season, which is bringing in a playmaker player (yet) and if we don't get two more AFTER Mori i'd say this has been a very poor window.

Doesn't matter about how much you spend at all, it's what you spend it on.

By no means have we had a brilliant window, but the £5mill we have spent has got us Cleverley, Del, a young centre half with lots of potential, and a striker who lets be honest nobody knows anything about.

Stop falling into the trap of thinking that spending tons of money means we're gonna be successful. We'll sign Mori - that takes the spend to about £10mil. One more quality player on top of that and another attacker and we'll be fine.

At this point it's about cover for injuries and suspensions. As a bare minimum we still need one centre back with premier league experience and a striker as cover for lukaku if he gets a long term injury. Suspect we'll get a loan on deadline day and go with what we've got which will fall well short of what we need.

Scouts get paid to go to other countries to watch players play football and report back to the manager, just because you've never heard of him or seen him play doesn't mean Everton don't know much about him!!

And just because our scouts have signed them doesn't mean they're any good. Which is the point.

??
HONDA_MONKEY.jpg
f could I have a blue one please

And just because our scouts have signed them doesn't mean they're any good. Which is the point.
Not saying he's going to be good but you have to trust them as they have pulled gems out before, maybe not from south america but we've had some fantastic players signed as unknowns

Never a truer word said Dario. I just think "wtf,your having breakfast at like 8.30 in the morning and the game doesn't kick off for another 6 and a half hours and your sitting there like a 4 year old kid asking his dad to get up 12 hours early for your first ever game and in full kit wagner mode"

There's something deeply wrong about the majority of them mate, they wear that stuff like a badge of honour, as if they should be proud to be associated with that club.

Scruffs mate, the lot of em. I even say to the missus "shut up you Kopite scruff" when she's jabbering on about them ;)
They are macca,whenever I see them I think some type of psychiatrist could have a field day and film a documentary on them,such a strange breedlol(your missus excepted of course;))

we've had a very poor window, let's get that straight.

Not only have we been vastly outspent in the transfer market (yes it is about who you get and not how much you pay for them... but)

we also have not added to the squad enough to provide the proper competition and squad depth to try and fight for 4th place, we have not addressed the main issue of last season, which is bringing in a playmaker player (yet) and if we don't get two more AFTER Mori i'd say this has been a very poor window.

Whether it's been a good window or not will be determined by how well the new players perform. What we can say is that we had some ground to make up from previous windows where players like Atsu, Eto'o, Traore, Alcaraz didn't work out. Bringing back Deulofeu addresses part of that.

The Lukaku signing was a major positive but was made at the expense of Fellaini and before him Cahill. Those two were used as stop-gaps for our lack of creativity for years. Martinez style of play demands a quality playmaker, he's said he's chasing one but they are not easy to find.

Here's a hypothetical question. If we were willing to pay £15 million to transfer Yarmolenko now (or some other player, doesn't matter who), would we also be willing to pay that much as a signing on fee next summer when his contract ends?

If not, then why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back