Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's still a chance of getting Yarmolenko in the January window then were not getting anyone interesting before this window closes. Seems like we wanted Januzaj on loan but we missed him and now were back to Lennon.

I wouldn't say really bad, probably not even bad tbh. But it definitely wouldn't be a good one.

I'd say outright bad. It's fine retaining a squad and losing nobody if you're off the back of a decent season, but we've just had a terrible one - we need to reinforce. Cleverley and Deulofeu are, for the moment, squad players and cheap ones at that, same as Mori and Rodriguez. If we don't bring in one or two that will actually change the dynamic of how we play then it's been a horrible window for us.

We need that number 10 and, honestly, another striker desperately.

I refuse to believe that it will just be someone like Lennon. Martinez has publicly stated that he needs to fill 3 positions, one has been taken by Funes Mori and he has been very specific about the need for a number 10 (because, let's face it, it is glaringly obvious that we lack creativity) - I don't think he'd state that publicly if he wasn't confident.

However, if we do end this window without signing a quality number 10, it'll be a disgrace.

I refuse to believe that it will just be someone like Lennon. Martinez has publicly stated that he needs to fill 3 positions, one has been taken by Funes Mori and he has been very specific about the need for a number 10 (because, let's face it, it is glaringly obvious that we lack creativity) - I don't think he'd state that publicly if he wan't confident.

However, if we do end this window without signing a quality number 10, it'll be a disgrace.
Martinez confirmed in London hanging around Downing Street

Hey baby even though I hate ya!
I wanna love ya
I want you!
And even though I can't forgive you
I really want ta
I want you!

Tell me, tell me baby
Why can't you leave me?
Cause even though I shouldn't want it
I gotta have it
I want you!

article-0-1692625F000005DC-972_468x306.jpg

I'd say outright bad. It's fine retaining a squad and losing nobody if you're off the back of a decent season, but we've just had a terrible one - we need to reinforce. Cleverley and Deulofeu are, for the moment, squad players and cheap ones at that, same as Mori and Rodriguez. If we don't bring in one or two that will actually change the dynamic of how we play then it's been a horrible window for us.

We need that number 10 and, honestly, another striker desperately.

If the squad had got weaker I would say bad but I think we have improved, just not enough atm.

Absolute bare minimum average for me atm.

Sheffield United needed a number 10 desperately about 30 years ago. They went above and beyond and scouted the world and found a young up and coming lad in Argentina. After all that effort they then decided not to sign him.

Diego Maradonna went on to make his own way in his career with or without Sheffield United.

The moral of the story? Number 10's are boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back