Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Vickery would have you believe that he'll be our 'Coates 2.0'... and it does seem a lot of money... but there is simply no way that Martinez has prioritised getting him over the 'creative' player, IMO.

I think that this is a little indication that we do *have* money (the board aren't that stupid to disclose the fee, otherwise) - whether we can get a deal over the line is another thing.
You're right, of course. Martinez will now know precisely who he wants (or at least could get) and the money will be allocated.

Tim Vickery would have you believe that he'll be our 'Coates 2.0'... and it does seem a lot of money... but there is simply no way that Martinez has prioritised getting him over the 'creative' player, IMO.

I think that this is a little indication that we do *have* money (the board aren't that stupid to disclose the fee, otherwise) - whether we can get a deal over the line is another thing.

Probably already been said but isn't it likely the fee disclosed to show we've spent money in the absence of any other significant signings?

So he's been talking about a defender (because of Distin and Alcaraz leaving) and a playmaker, number 10 type player.

How I see it is ...

We bid around 9-10 mill for that Ogbonna before he went to West Ham, so Martinez has used that transfer kitty on Mori today (9.5mill).

He's always been talking about a playmaker, so I reckon that there's some transfer money left aside of that regardless of the Mori fee.

I think the club may be trying to soften the blow of 'over' expectations from the fans.

By stalling on Mori and unveiling him today and by releasing the more than expected 9.5M figure today - will appease some fans.

This suggests to me that not much else will be done today. Probably Lennon.

Del, Mori, Clev and Lennon + two promising youngsters + keeping our existing squad (would be a successful window imo).

A creative midfielder would be a real bonus though!

I think the club may be trying to soften the blow of 'over' expectations from the fans.

By stalling on Mori and unveiling him today and by releasing the more than expected 9.5M figure today - will appease some fans.

This suggests to me that not much else will be done today. Probably Lennon.

Del, Mori, Clev and Lennon + two promising youngsters + keeping our existing squad (would be a successful window imo).

A creative midfielder would be a real bonus though!

Considering a number 10 was his main aim for this window, wouldn't it be unsuccessful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back