Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legally speaking we aren't we are owned by Blue Heaven Holdings Limited of which the owner is Farhad Moshiri a British Iranian

Regarding sanctioning billionaires, why would it be fair to tarnish them all with the same brush? I am pretty sure there are plenty of wealthy and non-wealthy russians who do not want this conflict to happen at all. It is widely reported it is purely Putin and Putin alone, he has no inner circle
Putin definitely has an inner circle though, no tyrant/dictator acts alone. Just the people that are with him are also profiting off of this and are basically "yes men" at this point.

So I am a Kopite because im not acting like a hysterical teenager? ?‍♂️

Keep believing Moshiri and Usmanov are instructing Putin on his foreign policy I'll live in the real world where no one tells Putin what to do.

"A metal mining magnate, Usmanov is one of Russia’s wealthiest individuals. He also has been cited as having particularly close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin – a potentially hazardous relationship in the face of the latest U.S. move to punish Kremlin-adjacent actors for Russia’s meddling in both the Crimean Peninsula and American elections."

Another report cited the following about Usmanov and Abramovich:

"They were described in the list as being among "key enablers and beneficiaries of Russian kleptocracy, with significant ties/assets in the West".

I wonder if your tunnel vision and ignorance can now see the links between Usmanov and Putin, and why many Everton supporters do not want him or his influence anywhere near our football club.

"A metal mining magnate, Usmanov is one of Russia’s wealthiest individuals. He also has been cited as having particularly close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin – a potentially hazardous relationship in the face of the latest U.S. move to punish Kremlin-adjacent actors for Russia’s meddling in both the Crimean Peninsula and American elections."

Another report cited the following about Usmanov and Abramovich:

"They were described in the list as being among "key enablers and beneficiaries of Russian kleptocracy, with significant ties/assets in the West".

I wonder if your tunnel vision and ignorance can now see the links between Usmanov and Putin, and why many Everton supporters do not want him or his influence anywhere near our football club.

So if your business partner murdered someone his actions should fall onto your head?

thats basically what you're suggesting.

He's quite literally already 'doing'
Yes, mate, but Toffeelover was saying, or implying, that Putin's statement that he'd drop on any other interfering countries like a ton of bricks was a guarantee that he'd actually do it. Even to a big-mouthed bully like Mr P, taking on a smaller bloke in a bar is a far cry from being willing to take on a bunch of his mates. To be fair, nobody knows for certain how demented he is, and that's what Putin is banking on.

There's more to life than football. If we need to distance ourselves from USM so be it. Even if it ruins us (which it is likely to do).
it'll only ruin the new stadium I doubt it'll send us bankrupt or anything like that - there will be plenty of other companies willing to sponsor a premier league team (as long as we stay there...)

Status
Not open for further replies.