Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Bill Gates owned us mate FFP stops him from investing his multi billions unless he has a billionaire buddy stooge (Moshiri) to own the club on his behalf whilst he funnels his millions via dodgy inflated sponsership deals to get around the rules.

USM walk away and we are essentially another Crystal Palace / Southampton for the foreseeable future.

Only Newcastle can do what we / Man City / PSG can do and use state linked companies to prop up the accounts.

People need to be careful what they wish for. Things aint great now but a bit of luck and these owners of ours can push us into the top 7-8 long term.
Kenwright level of delusion.

I am very sceptical about the reaction from Europe and from the US towards this invasion.
There have been restrictions but not in my opinion anything even close to what was needed to make the Russians think they may be making a mistake.
In my opinion everything will be back to pre invasion status in twelve months.
Business trumps everything else in spite of all the rhetoric we hear from our leaders.

I think it a bit hypocritical to blame Russians like Usmanov for being Russian when we in the west are prepared to impose severe restrictions.... unless those restrictions could also interfere with us.

Oh please. You think there'll be investors of the calibre we'll need coming to the rescue of a financial basket case of a club like this that can barely stay in the top flight?

If Usmanov and Moshiri left now and demanded their cash we'd drop like a stone through the divisions.

Like it or lump it: Kenwright tethered this club to a Putin supporting double act - we all better pray that they aren't sanctioned by the west because we'll be killed as a club.
Ive said this all along, the new post Mosh balance sheet would be a train wreck...and it would all be in EFC's name - nobody else.
A potential Derby Co. Sunderland til I die, Leeds of 20rys ago senario

State of this thread.

I sometimes wish the Internet didn't exist.

Yet I'm drawn to it, a moth to a flame. Reading page upon page of people insisting that they are right, and then insulting people with a different opinion.

"Usmanov is best mates with Putin and obviously supports what is going in Ukraine, he's practically killing mothers and babies himself for sport. " is the general theme from several posters.

Id imagine every Oligarch keeps Putin 'onside' as it makes good business sense. I doubt very much they're all egging him on and sharing high fives as more bombs fall.

Does that make him a Saint, 'not guilty' of a accusations about how his vast wealth was acquired?` No.

Should he therefore come out with vocal opposition? Yes? Would you really?

Don't lie. You'd crap your pants and keep quiet.

The Ukraine issue could have/should have been nipped in the bud years ago. It wasn't because pretty much every world leader is a self-serving, pants-pissing coward. (Clearly, the Ukrainian President isn't.)

Last edited:
Yes I would Dave and I do not believe it will leave us knackered.
There are plenty of investors interested in Premier League clubs and I have every confidence that when the arse falls out of this mickeymouse ownership, our club will find a proper benefactor.
I tend to agree
I understand and appreciate that if we lose AU and FM it will have financial implications that could hinder us for years to come
I guess though in allowing AU to continue to fund us as a club, we are allowing a supporter of a tyrant to be associated with our great club

I personally don’t believe we should prosper by using money from a man that supports Putins ideology’s… that basically involves invading countries and suffering of innocent people

Doesn’t sit right with me

It's probably because you've proved yourself to be utter vermin.

I've proven myself to me vermin, because I've argued for a peaceful solution? What a truly ridiculous, needless phrase that is.

The only vermin, if you must, are the people in power mongering for a war instead of trying to find a peaceful solution to save lives.

My conscience is clear. You should ask yourself the same, when using language like that, to describe someone arguing for a peaceful resolution.

State of this thread.

I sometimes wish the Internet didn't exist.

Yet I'm drawn to it, a moth to a flame. Reading page upon page of people insisting that they are right, and then insulting people with a different opinion.

"Usmanov is best mates with Putin and obviously supports what is going in Ukraine, he's practically killing mothers and babies himself for sport. " is the general theme from several posters.

Id imagine every Oligarch keeps Putin 'onside' as it makes good business sense. I doubt very much they're all egging him on and sharing high fives as more bombs fall.

Does that make him a Saint, 'not guilty' of a accusations about how his vast wealth was acquired?` No.

Should he therefore come out with vocal opposition? Yes? Would you really?

Don't lie. You'd crap your pants and keep quiet.

The Ukraine issue could have/should have been nipped in the bud years ago. It wasn't because pretty much every world leader is a self-serving, pants-pissing coward. (Clearly, the Ukrainian President isn't.)

This is very fair.

And you know, it's essentially not different to most countries and how they operate. The rich and powerful look out for each other.

The idea America, and this country, with all the stuff around the Cayman Islands, can really make some morale judgement on the behaviour of the rich and the powerful is utterly ludicrous.

Usmanov behaves towards that government in exactly the same way the super rich behave towards this government here (think of that Wetherspoons knobhead). Except hes about 20 x more successful than the Wetherspoons guy.

If those who are angry Usmanov or whoever doesnt put his life in danger on a principle, why are they not putting their life in danger by going to support the Ukranian people? It's not like they are not asking for help.

Yet we have a clear case of do what I say, not what I do.

Inappropriate Language
Would you support that...and where does that leave us?

Knackered.

Forget Everton FC for a moment and think of it more broadly. Aside from the dubious legality of just freezing people's assets based upon what country they are from-which is what the war mongers want (and it's not just about oligarchs either, there are suggestions afoot to steal money of every Russian person and their family in this country, so the motivator of this is pure xenophobia and nothing to do with perceived oligarchs) it will not help any of the objectives whatsoever.The wealthiest will have already moved their assets, so they won't lose.

Who loses are ordinary people. Ordinary Russian people will be hit hardest by sanctions, as it's always the poorest who pay most in such scenarios. The Ukranian people will likely pay, as it makes finding a peaceful resolution harder to get. And also, it's the people of this city who suffer, who if the stadium falls through lose a fantastic opportunity for inward investment and jobs.

And who are imposing these sanctions. A bunch of utter scumbags, who break every rule under the sun and think they are above any rules and the law. Are people seriously going to let Boris Johnson, lecture us on individuals who break the law? Boris Johnson. Really?

Or how about Joe Biden, the segregationist who sat in the actual inner sanctum of a war mongering government who launched military strikes on multiple countries, most of them unable to defend themselves with even a fraction of what Ukraine has got. Complete bullies.

Or this government, who have just made Tony Blair a Knight. A man who caused death and misery on a scale unrecognisable to anything Putin has ever got close to doing.

These are the people who are involved in making sanctions, because they think some fella who isn't even from Russian, but happens to have some business interests there is beyond the pale? Just to make themselves feel better about themselves, and it allows Johnson to get himself out of the hole of his own law breaking. The same Johnson and Tories who have benefited far more from Russian money than we as a club, or a city ever will, yet they won't renounce their links but think they can sit as judge, jury and executioner over ours.

Honestly, get to [Poor language removed].If people want to call me vermin or whatever else then fine, but seriously have a word. When our politicians and elites stop breaking the law here, partying it up while hundreds of thousands of people are dying, they can start having a go at others.

Until that happens, no sane person should be supporting any sanctions from a bunch of corrupt, detestable rule breakers, sanctions that will be designed to harm the poorest the most. All solely because they want to tub their chests and feel important.

Forget Everton FC for a moment and think of it more broadly. Aside from the dubious legality of just freezing people's assets based upon what country they are from-which is what the war mongers want (and it's not just about oligarchs either, there are suggestions afoot to steal money of every Russian person and their family in this country, so the motivator of this is pure xenophobia and nothing to do with perceived oligarchs) it will not help any of the objectives whatsoever.The wealthiest will have already moved their assets, so they won't lose.

Who loses are ordinary people. Ordinary Russian people will be hit hardest by sanctions, as it's always the poorest who pay most in such scenarios. The Ukranian people will likely pay, as it makes finding a peaceful resolution harder to get. And also, it's the people of this city who suffer, who if the stadium falls through lose a fantastic opportunity for inward investment and jobs.

And who are imposing these sanctions. A bunch of utter scumbags, who break every rule under the sun and think they are above any rules and the law. Are people seriously going to let Boris Johnson, lecture us on individuals who break the law? Boris Johnson. Really?

Or how about Joe Biden, the segregationist who sat in the actual inner sanctum of a war mongering government who launched military strikes on multiple countries, most of them unable to defend themselves with even a fraction of what Ukraine has got. Complete bullies.

Or this government, who have just made Tony Blair a Knight. A man who caused death and misery on a scale unrecognisable to anything Putin has ever got close to doing.

These are the people who are involved in making sanctions, because they think some fella who isn't even from Russian, but happens to have some business interests there is beyond the pale? Just to make themselves feel better about themselves, and it allows Johnson to get himself out of the hole of his own law breaking. The same Johnson and Tories who have benefited far more from Russian money than we as a club, or a city ever will, yet they won't renounce their links but think they can sit as judge, jury and executioner over ours.

Honestly, get to [Poor language removed].If people want to call me vermin or whatever else then fine, but seriously have a word. When our politicians and elites stop breaking the law here, partying it up while hundreds of thousands of people are dying, they can start having a go at others.

Until that happens, no sane person should be supporting any sanctions from a bunch of corrupt, detestable rule breakers, sanctions that will be designed to harm the poorest the most. All solely because they want to tub their chests and feel important.
At what point do you call out this attack?
Johnson attending drinks is not the same as attacking and invading a democratic state.

Status
Not open for further replies.