VAR

Why wasn't Umbeono or whatever his name is not sent off for the high foot. It wasn't just high, I think his studs were showing, clearly endangering Godfrey I've seen loads of those punished with a red.

VAR is just highlighting the bias and ineptitude within our own referees, they are useless. The so called “handball” with Gray today was pathetic, the ref gave the goal and the VAR person decided to rule it out for what they believe to be a clear and obvious error. I’ve seen it replayed and it’s not clear if it comes off his chest or shoulder, but either way, it’s fine. The premier league rule is that a player can make contact with the ball with the portion of the arm within their short sleeve shirt, but not below.
Just glad it didn’t affect the end result.

Screenshot_2023-03-11-17-47-55-575-edit_com.android.chrome.webp

Screenshot_2023-03-11-17-45-15-534-edit_com.android.chrome.webp

Still confused by that decision. Dont get it at all.

2 nil on half time is game changing. Thank goodness it didn't cost us. But it’sso tight who knows even on goal difference!!

….some might have mentioned, but I have an opinion on that decision.

When a goal is scored the referee turns and points to the centre circle but after the Gray incident I immediately noticed he pointed to his arm.

I wonder if he told VAR that he thought it was handball & the officials saw nothing clear to overturn that decision. A bit like the ‘soft signal’ in cricket, there needed to be something ‘clear and obvious’ to allow the goal.

For what it’s worth, I was sure it was a goal, it wouldn’t have been disallowed for other clubs.

….some might have mentioned, but I have an opinion on that decision.

When a goal is scored the referee turns and points to the centre circle but after the Gray incident I immediately noticed he pointed to his arm.

I wonder if he told VAR that he thought it was handball & the officials saw nothing clear to overturn that decision. A bit like the ‘soft signal’ in cricket, there needed to be something ‘clear and obvious’ to allow the goal.

For what it’s worth, I was sure it was a goal, it wouldn’t have been disallowed for other clubs.

If he thought it was handball he should have given a free kick and then reviewed it. I don't think he gave a handball on the pitch so the clear and obvious rule should have applied.

Either way I've still seen no evidence it hit his arm so I don't know why it was disallowed.

VAR is just highlighting the bias and ineptitude within our own referees, they are useless. The so called “handball” with Gray today was pathetic, the ref gave the goal and the VAR person decided to rule it out for what they believe to be a clear and obvious error. I’ve seen it replayed and it’s not clear if it comes off his chest or shoulder, but either way, it’s fine. The premier league rule is that a player can make contact with the ball with the portion of the arm within their short sleeve shirt, but not below.
Just glad it didn’t affect the end result.
Isn’t there a caveat in the laws of the game that states that if the ball touches hand / arm and directly goes into the net it is disallowed accidental or not? Having said that there is no conclusive evidence I can see that it did hit the arm so they are guessing so it is not correcting an obvious error

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back