VAR

I mean this is just stupid. Any kind of professional outfit will work on the basis that sometimes things will break or not work for some reason, and you have contingency plans in place.
I agree with having a contingency plan, but it’s not a very transparent process if nobody can see what he’s watching, or if he actually just looked down at a blank telly and listened to one of the little voices in his head. Have they released any audio?

Do they only have a single VAR screen at each ground? There was no attempt made to extend out the screen that they usually use. If there is two, why not just say, use the other one pal, this ones broken.

I would suggest that the club would know whether there was a secondary screen (in the case) to use as a backup or not, and if not, they would/shoud be shouting from the rooftops so I would suggest that there was a second screen in the case.

there are bigger things for us to whine about, cba after that debacle though

Rediclous having a small monitor 2 feet off the ground for refs to check replays. Shows how much the premier league takes it seriously about var reviews

If these were used surely he would have knelt down to look at it? Don't care how good your eyesight is, looking at a device from nearly 6 foot away is not going to work.

If they had nothing to hide, all reviews would be getting played out on the big screen at the same time the onfield ref is looking at the footage on his monitor.

They could still say whatever they like in his ear, but at least we would all see the same thing at the same time, we’re already there in the feckin stadium.

Still just legalised match fixing.

So this season, to limit the delays they have decided to lean into the onfield decision unless the ref was completely blind or something.
Just embrace the damn technology ye cretins. It can see what actually happened better than the ref

Why are the FA so backward?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back