VAR

The Club need to be made aware of this footage and push for answers. It's clear that he never sees it again yet the league have lied in their statement.

We played ok first half and if we had scored the pen then the momentum shift would have made it a completely different game.

Pretty much after that went against us we gave up.

I did wonder as the camera hovered on him looking at a blank VAR screen for 20 seconds and then it cut back to the players so assumed it was working.

To be called over to review after he's given a penalty and then not get any replays and still changes his mind should not be happening. In that scenario should be sticking with the on field decision.

As poor as it generally was after going 1-0 down I don't blame Dyche at all if he makes serious noise about that in his interviews.
Ref's not changing their onfiled decision without good reason/evidence is yet another rule from 'the powers that be' that they are too stupid/spineless to implement. It doesn't matter if it was a foul or not. Changing this one (on the advice of VAR) will only lead to a perception amongst fans that there is a bias towards the Sky 6. Especially, when they beneift from similar scenarios - and,i know that this perception is probably correct. I wonder how long before the rule that 'only the captain can approach the ref, it's an automatic booking for anyone else' is quietly shelved.

Ref's not changing their onfiled decision without good reason/evidence is yet another rule from 'the powers that be' that they are too stupid/spineless to implement. It doesn't matter if it was a foul or not. Changing this one (on the advice of VAR) will only lead to a perception amongst fans that there is a bias towards the Sky 6. Especially, when they beneift from similar scenarios - and,i know that this perception is probably correct. I wonder how long before the rule that 'only the captain can approach the ref, it's an automatic booking for anyone else' is quietly shelved.

It's very rare a ref dosen't change his decision after going to the monitor to review a decision, think I've only seen it happen once or twice in 6-7 years of VAR being in use.

Point here though is he was told to go over to effectively change his decision and still did it without actually watching the footage (I don't buy for one second there was a backup monitor around).

Changes for the new season:

Howard Webb: “Referee’s Call” is important because it helps manage people's expectations. We have situations that split opinion – and VAR can’t always provide definitive answers all the time, because the real world is not always correct or incorrect. So “Referee’s Call” clarifies the process to fans, managers and players – even if they disagree with the decision.

This is the sort of nonsensical crap they come up with to “improve VAR and the fan experience.” The real world is not always correct or incorrect. Got it.

Why would it be lying on the ground and not be propped up are held by anyone?

I’m going with Twitter is probably talking [Poor language removed] and it likely was propped up or at least visible to the ref.

The idea that the information given by the PL is a lie and they are pretending, just so they can specifically shaft us by not giving us what was actually clearly not a pen anyway, it a totally mental reach. It’s crazy that we’d rather believe that than think we probably have a back-up monitor as is probably required by the PL, and that this is a nothing event being blown up. It’s nonsense.

I’m going with Twitter is probably talking [Poor language removed] and it likely was propped up or at least visible to the ref.

The idea that the information given by the PL is a lie and they are pretending, just so they can specifically shaft us by not giving us what was actually clearly not a pen anyway, it a totally mental reach. It’s crazy that we’d rather believe that than think we probably have a back-up monitor as is probably required by the PL, and that this is a nothing event being blown up. It’s nonsense.
Agree, It's just giving people a thread to cling too. That game was never being won with the team that started. PL would have felt sorry for us more like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back