VAR

All I know is we are never on the right end of these damn marginal decisions that you can make a case for and against,other teams they may go 50/50,60/40 against,70/30 against whatever,all I know is every single "big" decision appears to have not gone our way,feel free to correct me!!
Certainly not many, but I do remember a rs injury time "winner" being ruled out because Sane's toenail was offside.

I think that was the one that Gerrard did a big knee slide down the touchline to celebrate too

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What I dislike most about the VAR process is the selective transparency.

If an odd (or at least confusing) decision is made in a big game, there’s lots of media scrutiny which often leads to some official communication about the decisions made by VAR.

But when not enough of the media care, we hear nothing.

Why can’t the audio between the referee and the VAR be made public? Even post-game would be fine. At least there’d be universal transparency.
It should be made public and after whatever var decides, the on field ref should announce the ruling and why they came to that decision.

It should be made public and after whatever var decides, the on field ref should announce the ruling and why they came to that decision.
I understand the cathartic value of requiring a ref to say why something has happened on the pitch, booming over the stadium loudspeaker - but I can't see that happening with football as it does with rugby. The atmosphere inside the ground is definitely more hostile in football, and I'm not sure it allows for it.

I'd be happy with the audio being released after the match. At least it'd allow scrutiny.

Certainly not many, but I do remember a rs injury time "winner" being ruled out because Sane's toenail was offside.

I think that was the one that Gerrard did a big knee slide down the touchline to celebrate too

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
That was Suarez I think, Sane never played for the RS.

I get the "if it accidentally hits your arm" but his arms were about as close to his body as you can get when you are getting a ball blasted at you from a yard away.

The idea that refs couldn't answer the questions from media was "the game is too fast, there is always going to be a human element". VAR has taken that away. Why are they STILL able to not answer anything about calls?

That was Suarez I think, Sane never played for the RS.

I get the "if it accidentally hits your arm" but his arms were about as close to his body as you can get when you are getting a ball blasted at you from a yard away.

The idea that refs couldn't answer the questions from media was "the game is too fast, there is always going to be a human element". VAR has taken that away. Why are they STILL able to not answer anything about calls?
Yes, I meant Mane, not Sane 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, There was nothing Gray could have done to avoid the ball hitting his arm, but I think the rules have been changed (again) that any handball can't be a goal, or something like that 🤷‍♂️

Gray's 'goal' has been forgotten about now, not a peep in any of the media I have seen. We need to get ourselves away from the drop zone so we aren't in a position to give them their great story of a big historic club's fall from grace - even if they did get a few nudges in that direction.
They have got away with it because it didn’t change the outcome and because there wasn’t a proper MOTD to highlight it, but it was a genuinely terrible use of the process.

There was no conclusive angle to show Gray handling the ball. And the rules and guidance correctly state that if there’s no overwhelming evidence you don’t overturn the referee’s decision. The MOST var should be able to do in that situation is let the ref look at the monitor to decide whether to stick with his decision.

If we hadn’t had a penalty at Forest would we have got Coleman’s? If the score was nil-nil on Saturday would we get Gray’s? I don’t know but it can feel that way- when the process is seemingly applied willy nilly and the rules applied so selectively it feeds fan paranoia when the idea was to quell it by getting more decisions objectively right.

See they have excelled themselves again with this Podence spitting incident.
What a shambles

What a shambles

How quickly will we know the outcome of that? Wolves were awful against Forest, and it was only that Podence that showed any kind of attacking threat whatsoever. It would be good for us if he was subject to a six match ban, especially if it included our away match with Wolves.

How quickly will we know the outcome of that? Wolves were awful against Forest, and it was only that Podence that showed any kind of attacking threat whatsoever. It would be good for us if he was subject to a six match ban, especially if it included our away match with Wolves

Suspect it’ll happen fast which means he’d be back for the game versus us… but would still be great

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back