Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

VAR

How can you run a competition ie the FA cup where VAR is not used it all the games surely this cannot be considered fair .

Which begs the question would our 2nd "goal" have been allowed

I think you are right mate.

I got caught speeding once, and when my defence was “I speed on other roads but they just don’t have cameras”.. they laughed me.

Can you believe that!! Idiots!

VAR is the death of football.
And no I'm not saying this with blue tinted glasses on.
I'm saying it as a football fan.

As for the offside part of it, that will always be a highlight of its stupidity and shows VAR must of been created by non football players.
you naturally have 2 players involved both naturally facing the opposite direction whose motion will be to way they are facing so straight away you are benefiting the defence especially when the rule can be used with as little as Milimeters difference. I mean just having bigger feet is gonna be a detriment..

We should learn from cricket. They have umpire’s call.

So the Lino should flag if he thinks offside, but play on. Goal scored and VAR shows offside, then cancel the goal. If the player offside is within reasonable human error, then allow it.

Reasonable human error is the original Lino call. If it clearly miles off/on - a clear and obvious error - then over-rule the original decision.

Outcome = responsibility back to match officials, do away with offside toenails and give the crowd some joy when a goal is scored.

VAR was always supposed to be about clear and obvious errors.

1D35965A-C551-4067-9BCE-75199A68BB76.webp

Corrupt! Well onside As the wolves player heads us back out.

Was only a matter of time before the cameras started developing faults in big moments... Funnily enough had that been the other way around I would wager it would have ended up standing.

VAR is just now a triple lock to provide the result that the authorities want just in case the biased on field referees have somehow failed to do the job.
If you look on twitter, there are RS that are putting up images that may appear to show that a player's in an offside position earlier in the move, this shows that technology cant arbitrate pn something that is so fluid and judgemental. It will only enforce the narrative you initially wanted. #FACheating

I just dont like the offside calls on VAR full stop. If it is that tight then VAR should be nowhere near it, especially when the TV coverage shows no conclusive replay

Indeed.

“clear and obvious error”

That is how they sold it.

But the reality is it has given absolute power over the game to over zealous pedants sat in a studio miles away from the grounds and it is sucking all the fun out the game.

View attachment 200140

It needs jibbing now, I don’t see a way back after this absolute nonsense, as bent as you can see. It’s just farcical - as corrupt as you can see, and there more they try to deny or gloss over it makes it worse.

I don’t think I can be bothered with football with this absolute crap show going on - worse than the wrestling.

That is absolutely pathetic. Not even close to offside

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back